Central East Coast
- Angell & Phelps Chocolate Factory Tour - Daytona Beach: Free candy factory tours several times a day Monday through Friday. Free samples are given out after the factory tour is complete.
- Sun Splash Park - Daytona Beach: So often county parks are off the beaten path, but that is not the case with Volusia County's Sun Splash Park located right on Daytona Beach. And, while you have to pay to drive on the famous beach, the four-acre park includes 95 spaces of its own off-beach parking. The park features an interactive "zero depth" water play fountain, a shaded playground, volleyball courts, picnic areas, restrooms, outdoor showers, Coca-Cola-sponsored "cool zone" and two beach access ramps. Sun Splash Park is open daily from sunrise to sunset.
- Downtown Disney - Orlando: Stroll the waterfront, window shop and enjoy free entertainment. Always free parking and admission.
- Fort Christmas Historical Museum & Park - Christmas, FL: Closed on Mondays, but every other day free admission.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens - Orlando: Free daytime admission on first Monday of every month.
- Lake Mirror Park - Lakeland: Lakeland's Lake Mirror is beautiful enough, but stroll the promenade around the lake and you'll find a treasure trove of surprises — the tiered Hollis Garden and entertaining Barnett Family Park. There is something to please everyone in the entire family.
- Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards - Clermont: Complimentary tours and wine tasting are offered seven days a week at Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards. Tours are held every 15-20 minutes, beginning with a 12-minute video presentation that shows the growing of Florida's grapes all the way to the winemaking process. The tour includes the production area and a spectacular view of the vineyards where the grapes are grown and harvested. Wine tasting is held at a large tasting counter with a selection of award-winning wines offered. The tour and wine tasting lasts approximately 45 minutes. Also, every January there is a free outdoor Winter Music Series every Saturday with live bands.
- Old Town - Kissimmee: Enjoy strolling this collection of shops and amusement rides. On Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights enjoy free rock'n roll concerts, plus cruise nights and Latin Sundays are a blast!
Central West Coast
- Fort DeSoto Park - St. Petersburg: Over 1,100 acres are available for free public recreation at Pinellas County's Fort DeSoto Park. Besides the notable distinction of having one of the top beaches in the nation, Fort DeSoto also has won accolades for its "Paw Playground" and pet-friendly beach. There are plenty of recreation opportunities both on land and water — all within easy access. Take a picnic lunch and stay the day... because the sunsets are spectacular!
- Heritage Village - Largo: Heritage Village, a 21-acre living history museum featuring 28 beautifully restored historic structures set in native pine and palmetto landscape. Stroll the grounds and tour the structures in a free self-guided walking tour.
- Sunsets at Pier 60 - Clearwater Beach: Florida's sunsets are spectacular, and people in Clearwater Beach think that is reason enough to celebrate! Night after night, the crowds gather a couple of hours before sunset. The atmosphere is festive... live bands play, craftsmen hawk their wares, talented artists sketch portraits, and performers delight the crowds.
Thanks for letting us know!
Tell us why!