Free Family-Friendly Entertainment at Tempe History Museum
From September through May the Tempe History Museum hosts free performances with a focus on East Valley cultural groups. The programs are different each year, but typically include children’s plays, kid and adult films, classical music, and cultural and educational musical performances. These are family-friendly events.
About the Performances at the Tempe History Museum
Time: all performances are stated in Phoenix local time.
Location: Tempe History Museum, 809 E. Southern Avenue, Tempe.That's on the southwest corner of Southern and Rural Road, right near the Tempe Public Library.
Cost: admission to this museum is always free, donations accepted. Parking is free.
More information: Tempe History Museum online
Scheduled Performances for 2017
Wednesday, January 14 at 7 p.m.
Thursday, January 19 at 7 p.m.
An Evening with The Comedy Spot and Improv
Friday, January 20 at 7 p.m.
Cisco and the Racecars
Saturday, February 4 at 7 p.m.
North Brother Island
Saturday, February 11 at 7 p.m.
Azure... Family Concert with Tetra String Quartet
Friday, February 17 at 7 p.m.
Friday, March 3 at 7 p.m.
A Folk Music Concert with Charlie King - The IWW and the 1917 Bisbee Occupation
Saturday, March 11 at 7 p.m.
LOUD VI: An outdoor celebration of LOUD Bands and Food Trucks featuring Young Modulus and Japhy's Descent
Saturday, April 22 at 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 29 at 7 p.m.
Azure Family Concert with Tetra String Quartet
Saturday, May 6 at 7 p.m.
Friday, May 19 at 7 p.m.
Five Things to Know about Performances at the Museum
- Doors open half an hour before show time.
- Museum exhibits are open, and you are welcome to explore during the intermission.
- Programs typically last about 90 minutes.
- These performances are a bit less structured than your typical concert. The artists spend a little more time talking to the audience, answering questions, and often stay to sign autographs and chat.
- Although there might be an occasional opportunity to buy a snack at certain performances, there are no concessions at the museum.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.