Just because you're short on cash, you don't have to stay at home and be bored. Florida's museums are interesting places and many offer free admission to the public on certain days... some every day.
It is suggested that you check the museum Web site for the latest free day information and specific hours of operation.
FREE ADMISSION EVERY DAY
- Florida Museum of Natural History - Gainesville
- Fort Christmas Historical Museum & Park - Christmas, FL
Museum and park is closed Mondays
- Holocaust Memorial - Miami Beach
- Museum of Florida History - Tallahassee
- National Museum of Naval Aviation - Pensacola
In addition, enjoy Blue Angels practice Tuesday and Wednesday mornings March through November. Also, on Wednesdays there is an autograph session with the pilots inside the museum.
- Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art - Gainesville
Closed Mondays and holidays.
FREE MUSEUM DAYS
- Jewish Museum of Florida - Miami Beach
Free every Saturday
Children under age six always free
- Miami Art Museum - Miami
Free the second Saturday of each month
Children under age twelve and students with ID always free
- Museum of Contemporary Art - Jacksonville
Free Wednesday night "Art Walk" from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Free Sunday Family Days for families with children age 18 and under with accompanying adult.