Halloween can be a frighteningly expensive holiday, but it doesn't have to be. There are plenty of fun and free Halloween events in Salt Lake City and surrounding areas. If you'll be visiting the area during the Halloween season, make note of these free events so your trip won't cost you as much.
01 of 06
02 of 06
Community Halloween Parties
Check out these hometown Halloween events in the Salt Lake City area. Remember: They are all free!
- Midvale Halloween Carnival at Copperview Rec Center: This party for kids 12 and younger features a photo booth, games, and a haunted maze.
- Herriman Howl & Pumpkin Festival: This features a "Mad Science" show and prizes for the best-decorated Trunk or Treat trunks.
- Draper Haunted Hollow: This party includes carnival games, candy, prizes, a pumpkin patch, and live entertainment.
- Cottonwood Heights Monster Mash on Ice: The Rec Center's Halloween celebration includes ice skating, games, treats, and a pumpkin walk.
- South Salt Lake Halloween Spooktacular: This event is held at the Columbus Center and features games, food, bingo, a haunted house, and live entertainment.
- Riverton Halloween Bash and Kids Carnival: Hear spooky stories read by the mayor, go on a Troll Stroll, and search for the Great Pumpkin. Tickets for Scare Rodeo are only $1 online and $2 at the door; all other events are free.
- West Valley City Bewitching Breakfast, Halloween Safety Fair, and Nightmare Alley: All events are at the Family Fitness Center.
03 of 06
04 of 06
The Monster Block Party is a daytime Halloween event in Salt Lake City for ghouls and boys of all ages. The Gallivan Center hosts this party that includes trick-or-treating booths, a costume contest (prizes awarded in the kid, teen, and adult divisions), arts and crafts projects, a pumpkin drop, and live performances.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
The Utah Olympic Oval presents its annual Trick-or-Treat Street, a free Halloween event for the whole family. Activities include indoor trick or treating, bounce houses, a scavenger hunt, Halloween crafts, and a photo booth. There's also a climbing wall, pumpkin carving, and a figure-skating show. Kids 12 and younger skate free; skates are available for rent.
06 of 06
Zombies, monsters, and witches await you at Witchstock in Ogden. This Halloween party at the Ogden Amphitheater features a zombie crawl that leaves from Union Station and travels down historic 25th Street before returning to the amphitheater. After the crawl, stick around for a dance party and live performances. The Witches Tea scheduled before the zombie crawl requires tickets; otherwise, all events are free.