The basic mission of Goodwill of Central Arizona is to put people to work. They do that in a variety of ways including providing the training and skills that people need to be successful in the work force, funded by proceeds from purchase made at Goodwill's local thrift stores. To that end, Goodwill of Central Arizona established a Computer and Customer Service Training Program.
The Goodwill Computer and Customer Service Training is a one-week course. Job seekers learn how to identify their hidden skills and talents as well as acquire new skills in preparation for finding their next job. Topics include:
- Personal Branding
- Writing Résumés
- Searching and Applying for a Job
- Customer Service
- Introduction to MS Word and MS Outlook
Graduates of the course work one‑on‑one with a Career Advisor after completion to attain employment within 90 days. Interested individuals are required to complete an orientation and computer skills assessment prior to being accepted into the course. Upon acceptance, each person must attend a half‑day workshop the week prior to the class.
Goodwill Career Centers
- Central Career Center, 4005 N. 16th Street, Phoenix
- 32nd St. & Thomas, 3130 E. Thomas Rd., Phoenix
- 75th Ave. & Thomas, 2929 N. 75th Ave., Phoenix
- 35th Ave. & Peoria, 3514 W. Peoria Ave., Phoenix
- 19th Ave. & Baseline, 1980 W. Baseline Rd., Phoenix
- Southwest Career Center, 515 N. 51st Avenue, Phoenix
- Camelback Career Center, 1625 W. Camelback Road, Phoenix
- Indian Bend Pavilions at Talking Stick, 8959 E. Indian Bend Rd., Scottsdale
- Southern & McClintock, 1546 E. Southern Ave., Tempe
- McKellips, 106 E. McKellips Rd., Mesa
- 67th Avenue Career Center, 6750 W. Peoria Avenue, Peoria
- 59th Ave. & Camelback, 5836 W. Camelback Rd., Glendale
- Litchfield & Van Buren, 211 N. Litchfield Rd., Goodyear
Even if you don't participate in the training classes, you might be interested in employment and career counseling services offered at Goodwill Career Centers. Goodwill Career Centers are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. They are equipped with computers, printers, Internet access, telephones, and fax machines. Job postings and various workshops and tutorials are available to job seekers. There are no eligibility requirements to participate in self-directed job seeking support services at a Career Center location.
Career Center Locations in Greater Phoenix
Career Centers and Customer Service Training Programs are open to all Maricopa County residents, free of charge. There is no waiting list and no one is turned away. For more information about training and job search assistance, Career Center locations, as well as information about upcoming job fairs, visit Goodwill online.