Free and discounted summer movies are a great way to spend some time with the kids without spending too much money. Find a park or cinema in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho and take some heat off without spending too much cash.
Movies in the Park is brought to you by Bernalillo County Parks and Recreation. The family-friendly films can be found throughout the summer at different county locations. Take a blanket or lawn chairs and sit out under the stars for these free events. Movies begin at dusk and are subject to cancellation, depending on the weather. Take blanket, chairs and food and drink for a picnic dinner. Food vendors will also be available.
Movies are subject to cancellation because of weather.
- April 30, Westside Community Center, 1250 Isleta Blvd.: Monsters, Inc.
- May 21, Road Runner Little League, 10700 Lagrima De Oro NE: Up
- June 3, Los Vecinos Community Center, 478 Hwy. 66: The Good Dinosaur
- June 11, Prado del Sol, 4300 Avenida Manana NE: Inside Out
- June 17, Valle del Bosque, 480 Sunset SW: Ant Man
- June 18, Vista Grande Community Center, 15 La Madera Road, Sandia Park: Pixel
- June 24, Mariposa Park, 4900 Kachina NW: Maleficent
- June 25, Paradise Hills Community Center, 5901 Paradise NW: Max
- July 15, Los Padillas Community Center, 2117 Los Padillas SW: Jurassic World
- July 16, Wilson Park, 1138 Cardena SE: Big Hero 6
- July 22, Raymond Sanchez Community Center, 9800 4th NW: Hotel Transylvania 2
- July 23, North Domingo Baca Community Center, 7521 Carmel NE: Cinderella
- July 30, Los Duranes Community Center, 2920 Leopoldo NW: The Force Awakens
Enjoy free family films in Rio Rancho, courtesy of Rio Rancho Parks and Recreation. Movies Under the Stars features movies throughout the summer which are family friendly. All are rated G or PG, and each one starts at dusk.
Movies for 2016 take place:
- June 3
- June 10
- June 17
- June 24
- July 8
- July 15
- July 22
- July 29
Find out more about Movies Under the Stars.
For nine weeks, two Albuquerque theaters will offer G or PG rated movies for a dollar on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10 a.m. Find movies at the Cottonwood 16 at the Cottonwood Mall on the westside, or at the Four Hills 10 on the eastside. Movies are $1 each all summer long.
UA High Ridge 8
12921 Indian School NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112
1-844-462-7342 ext. 605
UA Cottonwood Stadium 16
10000 NW Coors Blvd.
Albuquerque, NM 87114
1-844-462-7342 ext. 607
Find out more about the Regal Summer Movie Express.
The Cinemark Movies 8 on San Mateo offers discounted movie admissions for G and PG rated movies on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. Cinemark Movies West screens their discounted shows on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. With advance purchase of all ten film, the cost per movie is .50. If purchased the day of the film, admission is $1.
Cinemark Movies 8
4591 San Mateo NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Cinemark Movies West
9201 Coors Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87114
Find out more about the Summer Movie Clubhouse shows in Albuquerque.
The Guild Cinema has a special matinee one weekend a month. See family friendly movies for only $5 at noon. The Guild is located in Nob Hill, and is close to places where kids can enjoy a yogurt cone or chocolate treat after the show.
- May 28 and 29, 12 p.m. only: Kahil Gibran's The Prophet
- June 11 and 12, 1 p.m. only: Comic Geniuses When They Were Young (Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Keystone Cops)
- July 9 and 10, 1 p.m. only: A Night in Casablanca (A Marx Brothers film)
Take the kids to the South Broadway Cultural Center for free movies in Spanish, with English subtitles, on Fridays. They begin at 2 p.m. and are family friendly films.
- May 27, Thor
- June 3, Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- June 10, The Avengers
- June 17, Ironman 3
- June 24, Antman
- July 1, Guardians of the Galaxy