01 of 06
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore, Sleek Luxury on Baltimore's Star-Spangled Harbor
Why Get Away to Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore?
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore, opened in 2011, is a spectacular luxury hotel in Baltimore, an hour north of Washington, D.C. The hotel has become a popular getaway destination for travelers from the capital region, the Mid-Atlantic, and beyond.
The hotel is Baltimore's best, and would be the best hotel in many cities. Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore does everything well. It offers comfortable, plush rooms, exemplary service, exceptional dining, and a great spa and gym.
• On Hipmunk, room-rate deals at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
• Hipmunk's incredibly low arifares to Baltimore BWI, and Amtrak fares too
Brilliant Baltimore Location of Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
This gleaming tower perches on Baltimore's historic, vibrant Harbor East, where Francis Scott Key wrote The Star-Spangled Banner during the War of 1812.
The hotel is within a few minutes' walk of:
• Baltimore's historic neighborhoods of Federal Hill, Fells Point, Little Italy, and Canton
• The Baltimore Orioles' Camden Yards, the Baltimore Ravens' M&T Bank Stadium, the Baltimore Blast soccer team's Royal Farms Arena
• Museums including American Visionary Art Museum, Baltimore Maritime Museum, Maryland Science Center
• Historic attractions such as Flag House and Star Spangled Banner Museum, Lightship Chesapeake, the USS Constellation
• The mesmerizing National Aquarium
• The Inner Harbor waterfront, Harborplace, and shopping
• Baltimore Cathedral and Baltimore City Hall
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore is a longer walk or short drive or taxi ride to:
• Fort McHenry
• Peabody Institute and Walters Museum of Art
• Edgar Allan Poe Museum and House
• Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall, Lyric Opera House, Hippodrome Theatre
• Johns Hopkins University and Hospital, Mercy Medical Center, University of Maryland Medical Center
Luxury Travelers Tend to Love Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore guests come to town for a variety of reasons: for business or conferences, to visit family, or to explore this vibrant city's history, arts, and pro games.
But the hotel is a destination in itself. It's a magnet for tasteful weekenders from up and down the Eastern Corridor, seeking a deluxe weekend getaways.
Kids And Pets Are Celebrated Here
Children are not an uncommon sight at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore. The hotel offers many comforts and conveniences to youngsters, including junior-sized Four Seasons bathrobes.
The hotel has a truly welcoming pet-friendly policy.
• Cats as well as dog are invited. During my quick checkin, my pet, a travel-loving Siamese cat, was whisked upstairs to my room by the hotel's Pet Concierge. There, a tray of treats and toys awaited Mingus
• See what a truly pet-friendly policy does for your pet and for you
What Kinds of Guests Are Happy at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore's happiest guests are those who are looking for:
• A five-star hotel where you can count on everything being done right
• Charming, engaged, one-on-one service
• A quiet luxury hotel to nest in with a partner
• Or a deluxe hotel for celebrating family togetherness
• Superlative dining on-property|
• A luxury spa right in their hotel
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore may not be your hotel style if you seek:
• A small boutique hotel
• An old-fashioned grand hotel with traditional décor
• A hotel within walking distance of Baltimore's Amtrak station (it's two miles away)
• A hotel with low rates (and hospitality standards)
Find out about the rooms & suites at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore >>Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
Guest Rooms & Suites at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Accommodations at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore occupies a striking, 18-floor glass tower with elegant modern décor inside. Its 256 accommodations come in 15 configurations from 501 square feet to the two Presidential Suites, 2,814 square feet.
• Rooms are pictured on the hotel's accommodations page.
What the Rooms Are Like
Most rooms have sweeping views of Baltimore's Inner Harbor.
Rooms and suites are private-feeling and extremely quiet. They are furnished in Four Seasons Hotels' signature style of contemporary luxe.
• Everything is beautifully designed, well-made, and works perfectly
• Suites feature second closets and bathrooms
• There are no cheap touches or shortcuts in a Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore room (none of the 12 signs of a hotel that's cutting corners)
Rooms offer everything you expect from a hotel of this level:
• A blissfully comfy king bed with down duvet
• A closet area that is more like a dressing room
• Bathrobes and kitten-soft slippers
• A "welcome amenity" (mine was a scrumptious "Berger cookie")
• And treats for your pet if your furry friend is with you
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore's Spa-Like Bathrooms
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore marble-everywhere bathrooms are exquisite, featuring a:
• Whirlpool tub big enough for two
• Walk-in stone shower with a stone bench and two rainfall heads
• Double sink with plenty of counter space, a lighted makeup mirror
• TV screen somewhat miraculously integrated into the backsplash mirror
Frebies and Perks in the Room
Bottled water is complimentary, and so is a basic wifi connection. (Faster wifi for video carries a charge.)
The only drawback to the room was that its heavy front door doesn't shut automatically behind you, so it's very easy to leave your door ajar. I've noticed this at some other new hotels, and it's a concern. (In the case of Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore, a room key is needed to access elevators, so security is tight.)
The Art Program at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore's modern art collection rivals that of Baltimore's museums. Everywhere you look there's a stunning painting or artisan-crafted chandelier, rug, or piece of furniture. The hotel owns and displays a number of massive canvases by Frank Stella, an icon of postwar American painting.
The incredible dining at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore & Spa >>Continue to 3 of 6 below.
03 of 06
Dining & Drinking at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Dining at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Dining at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore is one of the great pleasures of this superlative hotel. All three of its restaurants are outstanding.
Wit & Wisdom Tavern at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Wit & Wisdom calls itself a tavern. But it is a stylish American bistro overseen by San Francisco-based celebrity chef Michael Mina. Wit & Wisdom's executive chef, Zachary Mills, a native Marylander, has a deep understanding of the region’s cuisine. His take on Mid-Atlantic classics is utterly assured. After tasting every dish, I thought, "It can't get any better." But it did.
My Wit & Wisdom meal was a revelation: beet salad; potato and clam soup; Maryland blue crab cake; wood-fired mushrooms with roasted garlic; wood-roasted lamb; New York strip steak. And pastry chef Dyan Ng's desserts were sensational. I enjoyed my dinner at Wit & Wisdom more than my dinners at two-Michelin-star restaurants in France.
Wit & Wisdom's handcrafted cocktails and wine list are top-shelf, and its candle-lit atmosphere is fashionable yet cozy.
Splash Pool Bar & Grill at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Splash Pool Bar & Grill is an outdoor venue open from roughly April through October. It overlooks the harbor alongside the hotel's infinity pool. Splash's menu features light bites with a South of the Border theme (tacos, nachos) and a seafood slant: fish and chips, ceviche, and soft-shell crabs in season.
Dip into the spa oasis at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore >>Continue to 4 of 6 below.
04 of 06
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore's Spa (& Fab, Free Hydrotherapy Baths)
Aah, The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore is a relaxation destination popular with hotel guests and Baltimore residents.
The spa offers a serene, modern environment, a full spa menu, and personable, highly trained practitioners.
Snowy Purity at The Spa
The 10,000 square foot spa's design reminded me of snowflakes: pure yet glittery. Ample light flows in from floor-to-ceiling windows, warming the spa's ice-blue and silver palette. There are 11 spacious treatment rooms, including two couples' suites with deep soaking pools and a VIP suite.
Spa treatments run the gamut. Body treatments include Harbor Salt Scrubs, wraps, and a variety of massages. Facials are intensive, and manicures and pedicures indulgent. Three-hour, multi-service Spa Retreats provide serious pampering.
Reaction by Viora treatments work hard at cellulite reduction, body contouring, skin lift and rejuvenations.
The Spa's Hydrotherapy Bath Circuit Is Open to All Guests
The spa's numerous relaxing pools and baths are available to all hotel guests free of charge, with or without a spa appointment. An hour or two here is a must (wear your swimsuit and room robe!) On offer here:
• Mosaic-walled Aroma steam room with essential oil-infused mist
• Finnish rock sauna
• Warm relaxation tub
• Hot whirlpool tub
• Hydrotherapy beds submerged in water currents
• SAolarium with heated chaises
• Brisk Ice Fountain
• Lifestyle Shower with Body Jets, Tropical Rain, and Arctic Jets
• QuAiet room
• Tea lounge with brews and healthy snacks
Stock Up on Posh Potions
The spa boutique sells high-end spa products by the likes of Kerstin Florian, EmerginC, Circadia, and Organic Male.
Working out in splendor at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore >>Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Fabulous Fitness Options at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Pool, Gym, & Running Track at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore offers sensational fitness options.
The Pool at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
The hotel's outdoor pool area overlooking Baltimore's Inner Harbor is a must-experience if you visit in the warmer months. . It is around 60 feet long, permitting lap swimming -- only fitting in the hometown of Michael Phelps.
The slightly crescent-shaped pool is unique for several reasons.
• It is slightly crescent-shaped with an invisible edge. and seems to blend into the harbor
• It contains very lightly salted fresh water that is much kinder on the skin, hair, and eyes than the usual chlorinated water
• The water is heated to a perpetual 83º, ideal for both serious swimming and lazy splashing
The pool is surrounded on three sides by a deck with lounge chairs, each with an umbrella and small table. A stairway leads up to another level with more loungers, a hot tub, and a smaller pool more suitable for kids.
Snack and drink service is available from the poolside Splash Pool Bar & Grill.
The Gym at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
The hotel's 24-hour gym is airy, with windows overlooking the harbor. It contains:
• Dozens of up-to-date cardio machines, many with personal screens for TV, digital Solitaire, etc.
• An extensive weight-training and body-toning circuit
• Ample free weights and barbells
• A stretching area with mats, balls, jump ropes, and the like
• A complimentary refreshment station with a Gatorade dispenser
Running Track at Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Four Seasons Baltimore is a boon to runners and joggers.
• They take advantage of a brick-colored pedestrian path that surrounds the hotel and continues to traces the entire Inner Harbour waterfront
• It's an ideal way to see this proud city
Connect with Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore >>Continue to 6 of 6 below.
06 of 06
Connect with Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
Learn More About Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore & Start Planning a Visit
• Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore website
• On Facebook
• On Twitter (@FSBaltimore)
• Photos on Pinterest
• By phone: 410.576.5800
• The hotel's Wit & Wisdom Tavern on Twitter and Instagram (@WitWisdomTavern)
• Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore
200 International Drive
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
As is common in the travel industry, the Expert was provided with a complimentary visit for the purpose of describing the hotel. For more info, see our site's Ethics Policy.