The Avenue of the Fountains in Fountain Hills is normally a busy thoroughfare for local residents. Each November, however, it is closed to vehicular traffic, and becomes transformed into the Fountain Festival of Arts & Crafts, one of the largest arts and crafts events in the Southwest. With between 400 and 500 booths, you can find original works of art, handcrafted clothing and hats, knick-knacks, local food items and more in every price range.
The Fountain Festival of Arts & Crafts is presented by the Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce.
Enjoy these photos of the Fountain Festival of Arts and Crafts.
When is the Fountain Festival of Arts and Crafts?
Friday, November 11, 2016
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Sunday. November 13, 2016
from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day
Where is it?
In Fountain Hills, on the Avenue of the Fountains. Here is a map with directions to the famous fountain in Fountain Park. This festival isn't in the park, but it's right near it. They have excellent signage, so follow the signs to the festival once you are in Fountain Hills.
How do I get tickets and how much are they?
There is no charge to get in. Parking is free and plentiful, but there are tens of thousands of people attending this festival, so be patient when looking for a parking spot. There is a large lot for people with handicapped plates / placards.
What else should I know?
This is a rain or shine festival. More than 200,000 of your friends and neighbors will be at the festival on that weekend. Free musical entertainment is provided. Watch for the famous fountain! It will go off every hour on the hour.
Enjoy food, beverages and live music at the Beer Garden.
What if I have more questions?
For more information, contact the Fountain Hills Chamber of Commerce at 480-837-1654 or visit them online.
Fountain Hills Festival of Arts and Crafts: My Ten Tips
- Be prepared to walk a several blocks from your parking spot.
- There are plenty of portable restrooms available.
- A few vendors don't take credit cards, so bring a check or two or extra cash.
- You'll find merchandise in all price ranges. This is the perfect place to look for unusual holiday gifts.
- There are quite a few booths offering products for children, so don't forget any birthdays or baby showers that might be coming up in the immediate future.
- Food, food, food. Chocolate covered this and that, grilled meats, Asian food, fry bread, funnel cakes — you won't go hungry here.
- Shade is at a premium here, so if it is a sunny day, expect all the covered eating areas to be very crowded.
- The walkways are paved, so strollers and wheelchairs are easy to handle.
- Please leave your pets at home. I love dogs, but on a crowded day at the Fountain Festival of Arts & Crafts they are difficult to walk around, and I noticed some dogs getting testy.
- Although children are welcome, there are no activities for them here. No bouncies, petting zoos or face painting.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.