Florida is beginning its warm up throughout the month of March, but temperatures are still generally mild. Cold fronts marching across Florida this month can bring unsettled weather, including storms with gusty winds and the possibility of tornadoes.
Average temperatures are listed below. If you're looking for more specific information on these popular Florida destinations, take the links to see what's in store throughout the year, including more specifics on what to pack.
- Daytona Beach: High 76°-Low 54°
- Fort Myers: High 80°-Low 59°
- Jacksonville: High 73°-Low 50°
- Key West: High 79°-Low 69°
- Miami: High 73°-Low 63°
- Orlando: High 79°-Low 56°
- Panama City: High 71°-Low 47°
- Pensacola: High 70°-Low 52°
- Tallahassee: High 74°-Low 48°
- Tampa: High 76°-Low 58°
- West Palm Beach: High 79°-Low 62°
Bands, Brew & BBQ (Weekends, March Dates TBA) - This popular event will again rock from SeaWorld Orlando on Saturdays and Sundays.
Bike Week - Daytona Beach (March 10-19, 2017) - Motorcycle enthusiasts converge on Daytona Beach each spring for one of America's most popular motorcycle festivals.
Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival (March 1 thru May 29, 2017) - Walt Disney World Resort hosts the annual Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival that promises some 30 million blooms! The roses, wildflowers, topiaries and herb gardens will flourish for a seven-week run that is absolutely breathtaking.
Florida Strawberry Festival (March 2-12, 2017) - This annual Plant City event, held around the first two weeks of March, features live nationally known country entertainment, a midway full of rides, livestock exhibits, and strawberries made every way you like them.
Florida Renaissance Festival (Weekends - March Dates TBA) - Browse through enchanted crafts villages, applaud hundreds of period performers, cheer valiant knights, enjoy continuous entertainment, birds of prey and food fit for a king.
Five weekends in the spring at Deerfield Beach.
Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg (March 10-12, 2017) - Witness Indy-style street racing with high fences, tight turns and roaring race cars.
Praise Wave Music Festival (Saturdays, March Dates TBA) - Guests to SeaWorld Orlando can experience a day of fun and fellowship in a Christian atmosphere. Enjoy live performances from the hottest names in Christian music, as well as amazing shows and thrill rides.
The Miami International Film Festival (March 3-12, 2017) brings to South Florida some of the best-crafted films from around the world, this spring event showcases some of the hottest movies from a variety of genres and countries.
Universal Orlando Mardi Gras (Saturdays & Select Nights - Dates TBA) - Universal Orlando will be transformed into the "Big Easy" with its annual one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras celebration every Saturday night, with additional dates on select Sundays.
Best Time to Go
- Spring is definitely in the air in March with flowers blooming and temperatures that nearly reach the 80s in many regions, but the nights can be oh so pleasant.
- Everyone goes Irish on St. Patrick's Day (March 17) at Walt Disney World Resort. Epcot's United Kingdom pavilion marks the occasion with Irish dining and dancing, plus special appearances by a leprechaun or two. Don't forget to wear green!
- All of the Disney World theme parks stay open late during the two weeks around the Easter holiday. This is an extremely busy time to visit. The same holds true for most other theme parks and attractions.
- More Disney World in March tips.
- Universal Orlando in March tips.
What to Pack
You'll be most comfortable in shorts and sandals, but be sure to pack resort casual clothing for dining out. Bring comfortable walking shoes if you're visiting the theme parks, and don't forget your bathing suit. March is the beginning of beach weather in Florida!
Average Water Temperatures
The water temperature for the Gulf of Mexico (West Coast)and the Atlantic Ocean (East Coast) range from the low 60s to middle 70s.