The mild temperatures in Florida, not too hot, not too cold, typically make April a very popular month for visitors. Historically, that trend shows in theme park attendance. The first three weeks of the month at Disney World is typically very crowded, and the last week of the month, attendance is moderate. The same holds true for most other theme parks and major attractions.
Major Events in Florida in April
- From March through May, you can enjoy the floral wonders of the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. The Walt Disney World Resort hosts the annual event that displays over 30 million blooms that is an absolutely breathtaking sight. The roses, wildflowers, topiaries and herb gardens will flourish for the entirety of the event's seven-week run.
- The Florida Film Festival is held in the spring at the Enzian Theater in Orlando each year and showcases the best American independent films, as well as international films. It is fast becoming the best respected regional film event in the southeastern United States.
- Get a chance to see popular movie stars at the Palm Beach International Film Festival. This celebrity-studded event showcases 50 international films from over 20 different countries.
- Thousands converge on Jacksonville each April for the Springing the Blues Festival. This free outdoor blues festival featuring performances from renowned blues artists from around the globe.
- Party like you're in the New Orleans at Universal Orlando's Mardi Gras celebration. This annual event transforms this central Florida theme park into the Big Easy with Mardi Gras parades, musical performances, and more every Saturday night from February through April, with additional dates on Sundays and some weeknights.
- SeaWorld Orlando heats up Saturdays during this Viva la Musica, an annual festival that features food, fun, sights, and sounds of Latin culture.
What to Pack for a Trip to Florida in April
Beach weather is in full swing, so the first items in your suitcase should be a swimsuit and sunscreen. You will also want to bring shorts, tank tops, and sandals, as well as nicer, resort casual clothing to dress for sit down dinners.
Another must-have item comfortable walking shoes, whether closed or open toed, and a light rain jacket for a surprise storm.
The Weather in Florida in April
Mild temperatures during the daytime and at night, make April a great month to visit Florida. While April showers may make May flowers, the summer months bring much more rain. The average temperatures depend on a few factors, but it's safe to assume the closer you are to the Caribbean, the warmer the days and nights will be.
- Daytona Beach: High 80°-Low 58°
- Fort Myers: High 85°-Low 63°
- Jacksonville: High 79°-Low 55°
- Key West: High 82°-Low 72°
- Miami: High 79°-Low 70°
- Orlando: High 83°-Low 60°
- Panama City: High 77°-Low 53°
- Pensacola: High 76°-Low 58°
- Tallahassee: High 80°-Low 53°
- Tampa: High 81°-Low 62°
- West Palm Beach: High 82°-Low 65°
The Average Water Temperatures in Florida in April
The water temperature for the Gulf of Mexico (West Coast)and the Atlantic Ocean (East Coast) range from the low to middle 70s, making it a perfect time of year to take a dip in either body of water. Of course, if this is too cold for you, there are no shortage of heated pools in Florida, so you can still wade without getting a chill.