Flamenco artists, being such traditionalists, don't use the internet much, and in classic Spanish style, it is very difficult to find out if these events will run in future years. Always check with the websites before you make other arrangements.
There is also a touring flamenco festival that travels all over the world each year. Read more about FF World.
Flamenco Festivals in Madrid and Barcelona
- May - Flamenco Festival Corral de Moreria Single-venue flamenco festival at one of the most famous flamenco tablaos in the world. In Madrid.
- Late May - Ciutat Flamenco, Barcelona
- July and August Gran Gala de Flamenco in Barcelona.
- May to October - Gran Festival Flamenco More a season than a festival, really. At the beautiful modernist Palau de la Musica in Barcelona. Events once every week or two throughout the season.
- Throughout June Suma Flamenca in Madrid, Spain, is the capital's biggest flamenco festival.
- July and August - Veranos de la Villa, Madrid, Spain. General music and dance festival that contains several flamenco shows.
Flamenco Festivals in Andalusia, Spain
- Late February to Early March - Festival De Jerez, Spain.
- March to May - Jueves Flamenco de Cajasol Flamenco every thursday in Seville, Spain.
- Early May - Patios de Cordoba Flamenco in the famous flower-adorned patios of Cordoba.
- Mid-June Noche en Blanca de Flamenco. (Mostly) free flamenco concerts throughout the night in the Andalusian city of Cordoba, Spain.
- Late June to Early July - Granada's International Festival of Music and Dance, a celebration of flamenco and classical music that attracts some excellent musicians.
- Last Saturday in June - Potaje flamenco festival in Utrera, Seville.
- Late July to Early August - Los Veranos del Corral, Granada, Spain.
- First half of July - Guitar Festival of Cordoba Guitar festival of Cordoba, Spain, also features full flamenco shows.
- Late July - the Casabermeja Flamenco festival. The festival has been declared of National Tourist Interest for the quality of its music. In Casabermeja, near Malaga.
- August Cante de las Minas flamenco festival in La Union, Murcia, Spain. (Not in Andalusia but close).
- August - Noches en el Albaicin, Granada, Spain. Not much online about this - don't plan your trip around this alone.
- Early August - Velada Flamenca de las Nieves, Arcos de la Frontera, near Cadiz, Spain. Again, not much online about this.
- Early August - Gazpacho Andaluz, Moron de la Frontera, Spain.
- August 11-20 Feria de Malaga. One of the biggest parties in Andalusia, Spain. Flamenco, dancing (and flamenco dancing!), bullfighting, fireworks and general partying in the street.
- September (even years only) - Bienal de Flamenco, important flamenco festival in Seville, Spain. Festival is every two years, in even years. (2016, 2018, 2020, etc).
- Early September - El Festival de Cante de Ogíjares in Ogijares, near Granada.
- December 28 - Verdiales festival in Malaga, Spain. Verdiales is a variation of flamenco.
Jazz Festivals in Spain
There was a lot of crossover between jazz and flamenco in the twentieth century. Any guitar festival in Spain will usually have some element of jazz or flamenco, or jazz-flamenco!
If there is no flamenco festival on at the time you are in Spain, check out the program of one of these jazz festivals instead.
- Middle two weeks of March Terrassa Jazz Festival
- June Figueres Jazz Festival. Visit the Dali museum in the afternoon and stay for the jazz at night.
- Mid-March Dixieland Jazz Festival and International Firework Competition In Tarragona.
- Late April or Early May Mallorca Smooth Festival Early May Vic Jazz Festival near Barcelona. This is cava (Spanish sparkling wine) country so sip a glass while watching the shows.
- Late June-Early July - Vigo Jazz Festival in Galicia.
- June - Clazz Latin Jazz festival in Madrid.
- Early July Jazz festival in Getxo in the Basque Country.
- First half of July - Valencia Jazz festival.
- Mid July Jazz Festival in Vitoria, Basque Country.
- Late July - Fijazz jazz festival in Alicante. Two weekends of jazz shows.
- Late July Jazz en la Costa in Almuñécar.
- Late July Jazzaldia Jazz Festival in San Sebastian in the Basque Country.
- August - Mas i Mas Music festival in Barcelona with jazz and much more. Includes flamenco.
- Late July - Ibiza Jazz festival.
- November Barcelona Jazz Festival
- November - Madrid Jazz Festival. Check local press for details.
- Throughout November - Granada Jazz Festival