Get the benefits your deserve by following the proper steps.
To receive unemployment, you must be employable. That means you must be physically and mentally able to perform suitable work, available for suitable work, making a reasonable effort to find work,free of participation or direct interest in a labor dispute and free of disqualification.
Time Required: 240 minutes
- To open a claim you must visit the unemployment office on 1223 West Seventh Street.
- Weekly claims can be filed in person, mailed to the office or phoned in (1-501-907-2590). You can submit some information online.
- Claims may only be filled Monday through Friday.
- There is a one week waiting period to receive benefits. You must file your claim and wait at least one week before you receive your first check.
- You must be physically and mentally able to work. If you are not able to work you do not qualify for unemployment but may qualify for other assistance.
- You must be available to work when you file. If you have circumstances which would prevent you from being available you cannot file.
- You must make a reasonable effort to find work. This normally involves making job contacts each week.
- After a few months you are expected to seek work in related fields which pay less than your last job and utilize a lower skill level than your last job.
- Your "waiting week" must be a week in which you did not receive a paycheck or had earnings of less than 140% of your unemployment benefit amount. You must also met all eligibility requirements in that week.
- Some unemployed persons are eligible for state funded training called TRA.
- You can check in online.
- Online applications at Arkansas top employers or any employers count towards your job contacts.