Of the many Fiesta Bowl events that take place in the Valley of the Sun in the weeks preceding the football game, the Fiesta Bowl Parade is one of the most popular. Thousands of people will line the streets of central Phoenix to enjoy the Fiesta Bowl Parade.
In 2014 National Bank of Arizona was announced as the title sponsor of the parade. They continue their sponsorship in 2017.
When and Where is the Parade?
On Saturday, December 30, 2017.
The parade will begin at 9 a.m. local time.
The parade will begin on Central Avenue, just north of Montebello Avenue. It will travel south to Camelback Road, then east to 7th Street, and then south again to the finish just south of Minnezona Avenue. Here is a seating chart for reserved seats. Expect to see nearly 100 entries, including floats, balloons, bands, equestrian, specialty groups and honorary participants, including this year's Grand Marshal.
You can get to the parade via Valley Metro Rail. You can use the Central/Camelback station for easiest access. Here is a map of light rail, including Park 'n' Ride lots.
The Arizona Department of Transportation usually provides detailed motorist information, including any travel or road restrictions, for this event. Call 5-1-1, then *7. The call is free.
The Fiesta Bowl Parade is free if you want to find a place along the parade route to watch.
If you want reserved seating (Missouri & Central), tickets are $25 each ($10 for reserved accessible seating), and may be purchased online or call 480-350-0911.
Parking for the Parade
If you want to prepay for parking, located at North Phoenix Baptist Church near Camelback Rd. and Montebello, you may do so this year for $25 plus fee, one pass per car.
Otherwise, if you are lucky enough to find a spot on the street, take it. Parking meters are NOT free on weekends. There will be parking lots charging fees in locations all along the parade route. My advice: make sure you park on the side of the parade route that you want to leave from—it may be difficult getting around the parade route for several hours after it begins.
Fiesta Bowl Parade Tips
Here are some weather statistics and tips about Phoenix for late December and early January. Also, our friends at the Fiesta Bowl Committee gave me some great tips:
- The best spots along the parade route if you aren't sitting in the bleachers are at Central and Camelback or 7th Street and Camelback. There is pre-parade entertainment at both of those intersections. You'll have to get there pretty early though; people will be there several hours before the start of the parade to get a good spot. Some people will start claiming their spots at 6 a.m.
- Bring chairs, snacks, water. Remember, it will be cool in the morning if you plan to get there early.
- There are restrooms all along the parade route.
- Don't forget your camera!
- Need more information? Visit the Fiesta Bowl online.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.