Field of Screams, a Halloween event that began in Olney, Maryland, has now expanded to three locations - Olney, MD, Washington DC and Ocean City, MD. The award-winning haunted attraction is one of the largest and most popular in the capital region. Each destination features multiple experiences in one location. Following are the details for each of the Scream attractions.
Field of Screams - Olney, MD
Dates. Throughout October, Open every Friday and Saturday and most most Thursdays and Sundays.
Location: OBGC Community Park at Freeman Fields, Route 108, 2 miles west of Georgia Ave in
Attractions: Field of Screams Maryland is 40+ acres of thrills in a carnival atmosphere with bonfires and music to appeal to all ages. The event is held outdoors and is weather dependent. Visitors can enjoy unique snacks such as deep fried Twinkies and Oreos with chocolate sauce and roast-your-own-s’mores over an open fire.
- Haunted Trail - All new this year, includes 9 stations of fears
- Trail of Terror - A 35-minute walk through a haunted forest
- Hades Hayride - The haunted hayride brings out the evil spirits
- Nightmares 3D Haunted House - The brand new haunted house comes to life with animatronic sounds and spooky costumes
Scream City - Washington DC
Dates: Throughout October. Open every Friday and Saturday and most most Thursdays and Sundays.
Location: RFK Stadium, 2400 East Capitol Street. SE Washington DC. The closest Metro station is Stadium-Armory.
Attractions: Scream City is two state-of-the art haunted houses held completely indoors in one location in the nation's capital. Open rain or shine. Not recommended for children. No food or drink is allowed on site.
- Exorcism Estate Haunted House - Experience the thrills of a Haunted Victorian Mansion in 1874
- Slaughter Factory - Get spooked by the maze of hanging corpses in a factory of terror.
Ocean City Screams Haunted House - Ocean City, MD
Dates: May through October
Location: 14 Worcester St and Baltimore Ave, Ocean City, MD. The attraction is located just off of the Boardwalk one block west of Jolly Roger at the Pier.
Attractions: Ocean City Screams Haunted House is open throughout the summer and was just recently taken over by the producers of Field of Screams. It is a two-story haunted house with animation, live actors and state-of-the art set design. This is an indoor haunted attraction that is open rain or shine.
- Screams attractions are very popular and tend to be extremely busy on Halloween weekend. To beat the crowds, visit early in October, or on Thursday and Sunday nights.
- Purchase tickets in advance online to avoid waiting in line.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather.