What is Festival de la Guitarra de Cordoba?
Spain's biggest guitar festival takes place in Cordoba each July. Many cities in Spain have flamenco festivals (see In a Similar Vein, below), but only Cordoba celebrates the instrument that has spawned so many musical genres over the years.
Yes, there'll be flamenco, but there'll also be pop concerts, classical performances, jazz, blues and more.
Where to Get Tickets
Tickets will be made available on the Festival de la Guitarra Tickets Page.
There are also some free shows at the festival.
When is it?
The Festival de la Guitarra de Cordoba takes place in early July.
Where is Festival de la Guitarra de Cordoba?
Cordoba is most famous for its Great Mosque (Mezquita), once the biggest mosque in the world and now home to the city's cathedral.
Read more about Cordoba or see Pictures of Cordoba's Mosque-Cathedral.
How to Get to Cordoba
Read more about how to get to Cordoba from these cities:
Accommodation in Cordoba
- Cheap Hotels in Cordoba with Free Cancelation with Venere
- Book Private Apartments and Rooms on Airbnb
- Book Backpackers Hostels and Budget Hotels with Hostelworld
Where to Go Next
If heading south, visit Seville or Granada - both are great. If you're heading north from there, Madrid is an obvious choice:
- Other Events Near Cordoba in July The International Festival of Music and Dance takes place around the same time, in Granada. There is also the Mijas Blues Festival on the Costa del Sol as well as the Imagine Funk Festival in Jaen.
- In a Similar Vein...There are lots of Jazz Festivals in Spain as well as dozens of Flamenco Festivals in Spain, but to get both in the same event (and more!), you should make your way to the Cordoba festival.