- Average High: 46°F (8°C)
- Average Low: 35°F (2°C)
- Average wet days: 8 days
- Average daily sunshine: 2 hours
- January and February are the coldest months
What To Wear
- Wrap up warm in plenty of layers. January and February are the coldest months in London
- Always bring an umbrella when exploring London!
- Valentine's Day in London (February 14)
- There are no more Bank Holidays until Easter
- There is a UK school holiday in mid-February. Kids are generally off school for one week
February Annual Events
- Chinese New Year Parade and Festival (late January to mid February). London hosts the biggest Chinese New Year celebrations outside Asia. The main events take place in and around Chinatown and the annual parade features fun floats and dragon and lion dancing. There are live performances in Trafalgar Square and a family zone in Leicester Square for kid-friendly cultural activities.
- Get Into London Theatre (cheap theater tickets) (mid January to mid February). An annual sale that offers discounted tickets to top London shows.
- Six Nations Cup, Rugby Tournament (throughout February). This annual competition sees matches between England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France and Italy take place at top rugby stadiums including Twickenham in southwest London.
- Clowns Church Service (the first Sunday in February). This annual service brings together clowns in full costume to celebrate the life of Joseph Grimaldi, the 'king of the clowns'.
- Valentine's Day in London (14 February)
- London Fashion Week (mid February). The world's best dressed people descend on the capital twice a year (February and September). Events take place in and around Soho.
- Shrove Tuesday: Pancake Day races (Tuesday between February 2 and March 9)
Apply for tickets for Trooping The Colour in June (January and February)
|Choose another month|
Thanks for letting us know!
Tell us why!