The Washington, DC area and its surrounding communities in Maryland and Virginia host lots of annual festivals and special events. All dates, prices, and activities mentioned are subject to change, so please check the official website or call to confirm information. Please note that most of these events are held each year and the dates are updated as available.
More Washington, DC Area Event Calendars
- Chinese New Year Events - Various Dates, enjoy a variety of special celebrations honoring the Year of the Rooster in the Washington, DC area.
- Howard County Restaurant Weeks - Through February 5, 2018. Participating restaurants will offer prix fixe chef’s menus with prices ranging from $10.18 to $40.18 (beverages, tax, gratuity not included) featuring local products, cut flowers, seafood, herbs, meats, eggs and game often paired with local wine or beers.
- Alexandria Restaurant Week - Through February 4, 2018. More than 45 restaurants will be offering special menus and pricing to entice visitors to dine in Alexandria, Virginia, just five miles south of Washington, DC. The restaurants are offering either a three-course pre-fixe dinner or dinner for two, both priced at $35.
- National Harbor Restaurant Week - February 4-10, 2018. Enjoy restaurant discounts at the waterfront community's top dining spots.
- Winter Theater in Washington DC - With dozens of performances around the region, here is the schedule of the top shows for the season.
- Washington Wizards Basketball - See NBA games live at the Capital One Arena or enjoy the national broadcasts throughout the season.
- Washington Capitals - The NHL Hockey team plays at the Capital One Arena. Find information on tickets, schedules and more.
- Black History Month - Throughout the month of February, remember the contributions of African Americans in the United States with numerous events and cultural programs.
- Chocolate Lovers Festival - February 2-4, 2018. Old Town Fairfax, Virginia. Enjoy a festival of everything chocolate! See the Chocolate Challenge, an arts contest featuring breathtaking art made completely of chocolate, sample chocolates, historic re-enactments, children's activities, craft show and more.
- Cupid's Undie Run - February 10, 2018. Run around the city in your Valentine's themed undies to raise money for the Children's Tumor Foundation.
- Mardi Gras Celebrations in Washington, DC - Celebrate Fat Tuesday at a variety of events including parties, parades, balls and family days.
- Clarendon Mardi Gras Parade - February 13, 2018, 7 p.m. Arlington, VA. The parade celebrates Fat Tuesday bringing the community together for an evening of entertainment.
- Valentine's Day - Find suggestions for Valentine's Day in the Washington, DC area, including romantic restaurants, romantic getaways, chocolates, flowers, gift ideas and more.
- George Washington's Birthnight Banquet and Ball - February 17, 2018, 5:30 to 11 p.m. Ballroom of Gadsby’s Tavern Museum, Alexandria, Virginia. Enjoy an 18th-century banquet and English Country Dancing, a dessert collation, toasts, and character re-enactors.
- President's Day in Washington, DC - February 19, 2018. Visit Washington, DC on President's Day and pay tribute to America's most famous leaders. Find out about special Presidents' Day events held throughout the Washington, DC area.
- Annapolis Restaurant Week - 2018 Dates to Be Announced. Dozens of restaurants in Historic and greater Annapolis will be offering three-course, price fixed meal selections at a cost of $15.95 for lunch and $29.95 for dinner.
- White House Easter Egg Roll Ticket Lottery - 2018 Dates to Be Announced. Free tickets will be distributed via an online lottery. Don't miss your chance to attend the annual event on Easter Monday on the White House grounds.