Father's Day is Sunday, June 19, 2016. If you'd rather not get your dad another tie or shirt, check out our round-up of fun things to do with your dad to celebrate Father's Day in NYC.
01 of 08
If your dad loves baseball, New York City offers several options since both major and minor league teams play within the five boroughs of New York City. Father's Day Weekend the Yankees will be playing the Washington Nationals at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx and the Mets will be playing the Cincinnati Reds at Citi Field in Queens. Although they're not playing Father's Day Weekend, tickets to see the Brooklyn Cyclones or the Staten Island Yankees are sure to make Dad smile this Father's Day.
02 of 08
If Dad Loves a Cold Brew
New York City has a number of fun things for beer-lovers, any of which would be great to do with Dad for Father's Day:
03 of 08
Head To A Distillery With Dad
If your dad is into harder stuff than beer, check out of of New York City's growing collection of distilleries.
- Greenhook Ginsmiths, located in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, offers tours on Saturdays -- pre-book to avoid disappointment.
- The tasting room bar at Industry City Distillery is open on Fridays and Saturdays and they have a behind-the-scenes tour on Saturday afternoons.
- Kings County Distillery offers tours and tastings (though they only have tours on Saturday, so you might have to visit a day early)
- The Shanty at New York Distilling Company offers both their own products as well as their personal favorites from around the world and a selection of craft brews. They have complimentary tours on Saturday and Sunday afternoons as well.
- Van Brunt Stillhouse offers tours, as well as tastings in their Red Hook location
04 of 08
If the Dad in your life loves trains and has young kids that will be part of his special day, the New York Transit Museum is a great place to explore, with a extensive collection of old subway cars that you can climb aboard. If Dad is into bigger machines, the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum might be a good choice -- you can visit the Concorde, walk on an aircraft carrier and see lots of planes up close. And just about anyone loves a visit to the American Museum of Natural History, whether they want to check out the Rose Space Center or see the Blue Whale.Continue to 5 of 8 below.
05 of 08
06 of 08
Take Dad on a Bike Ride
You could either rent a bike and tour around yourself or leave the planning (& navigation!) to someone else and take dad on a bike tour. Bike The Big Apple explores off-beat neighborhoods and has great guides with lots of local insight, while Central Park Bike Tours offers some more mainstream options.
07 of 08
08 of 08
Take Dad Out for a Great Meal
Whether your dad loves steak or classic deli sandwiches, the options for dining out with Dad on Father's Day are pretty endless. If he's a pizza lover, you might even plan your own pizza-tasting tour by hitting a few of NYC's best pizzerias and if you want to head a bit further afield with him, why not try one of these great restaurants in Brooklyn?