For some of the best products in the state, farmers markets are a great way to get quality fruits, vegetables, breads, meats and much more from local Oklahoma farmers. Here are some located in and around the OKC metro.
- Location - 1225 SW 2nd St.
- What You'll Find - Open Sundays, the Delmar Sunday Market has a large selection of local produce and products.
- Location - Just west of Broadway in downtown Edmond, the Festival Market Place is on 1st Street.
- What You'll Find - Open Saturdays from mid-April to the end of October, the Edmond Farmers Market has plenty of fruits, vegetables, meats, eggs, flowers, pastries and more. There is also a summer market at Mitch Park on Wednesdays.
Lovely Day Fine Art & Plants Farmers' Market
- Location - In the Paseo District, between Western & Walker, 26th, and Shartel
- What You'll Find - Open April through October on Tuesdays, this farmers market has herbs, vegetables, arts/crafts, soaps, lotions, freshly baked bread, lamb, and beef.
- Location - In addition to an online market, Mid-Del offers an open-air market at Charles Johnson Central Park, Town Center Shopping Plaza at SE 29th & Mid America Blvd
- What You'll Find - Open Saturdays and Tuesdays, the Mid-Del market offers a changing selection of Oklahoma-grown vegetables and fruits.
Norman Farm Market
- Location - The Cleveland County Fairgrounds at 615 East Robinson in Norman is the location for the Norman Farm Market.
- What You'll Find - Open Tuesdays and Saturdays from April through October, the Norman Farm Market has a number of vendors with great fruits and vegetables as well as honey, plants, flowers, shrubs and more.
- Location - Head downtown for the OKC Farmers Public Market at 311 South Klein.
- What You'll Find - One of the oldest farmers markets in the state, this historic spot features fruits, vegetables, firewood, plants, collectibles and more on Saturdays. There's also a 17,000 square foot auditorium for weddings, banquets, events and the like.
Oklahoma City Safe Community Coalition Farmers Market
- Location - At the YWCA, 1701 N Martin Luther King
- What You'll Find - On Fridays and Saturdays, the Farmers Market sponsored by the Oklahoma City Safe Community Coalition and Women in Ag Association has a large supply of fresh fruit and produce. In addition, there are salsas, bakery products, landscape plants and more.
- Location - This market takes place at the Central Park multi-purpose pavilion, 700 S. Broadway in Moore.
- What You'll Find - Open every Thursday and Saturday from early May to early September, the Moore Farmers Market features a wide variety of fruits and vegetables.
- Location - In and around the OSU-OKC horticulture pavilion at 400 North Portland
- What You'll Find - The OSU-OKC Farmers Market is open Saturdays all year long. It is also open Wednesdays from May 15th until the end of the growing season. The market prides itself on the fact that every product sold is grown in Oklahoma. You'll find a wide array of items including seasonal items, fruits, vegetables, meats, eggs, breads, and much more.
Walker Square Farmers Market
- Location - SW 59th and Walker
- What You'll Find - With a wide variety of produce, the Walker Square Farmers Market is open until everything is sold.
Information for these listings was collected from a variety of sources including the Oklahoma Food Cooperative and the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry.