Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena, often referred to as simply the "Q", opened in 1994. Originally called Gund Arena, after the former Cleveland Cavaliers owner, the 20,562-seat facility is home to the world champion Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team as well as the site of numerous concerts and other special events. The "Q" is also home to the Lake Erie Monsters hockey team and the Cleveland Gladiators Arena football team.
Quicken Loans Arena has 20,562 seats, 60 percent of which are located in the "lower bowl." The 750,000 arena is 480' long and 440' wide and boasts 88 suites and a state-of-the-art 28' scoreboard.
Attending an event at Quicken Loans Arena is one of the city's highlights. Here are some tips to help you enjoy your visit:
- Seating - The "Q" has two levels of seating, both accessible by walkways and elevators from the main concourse.
- Security - All visitors to the "Q" must go through a brief security check. In addition, no bags larger than 16x16x8" are permitted. Visitors cannot bring alcohol, bottles, cans, coolers, or sealed packages into the facility.
- Smoking - The "Q" is a smoke-free facility. There are designated smoking areas located outside the venue.
Access - Gates open 90 minutes prior to events.
Facilities at Quicken Loans Arena
Quicken Loans Arena offers numerous ATM machines, concession stands, a full-service restaurant and sports bar (more on these below), and a Cavs Team Shop.
In addition, the arena offers wireless Internet access throughout the facility.
Public Transportation and Parking
Ample parking is available in and around Quicken Loans Arena. The closest lots and the covered parking lots charge around $10 - $12. Two to three blocks away, the rate is about half of that.
If you go very early to the game, metered parking is available on the streets, but be careful, some metered parking is prohibited on game days.
Some area restaurants, such as the Great Lakes Brewing Company, just over the river, offer shuttles to and from the arena.
Special Events and Concerts
In addition to being the home of the Cleveland Cavaliers, Quicken Loans Arena hosts a full schedule of events throughout the year, including concerts and sporting exhibitions. The Arena is also home to the Lake Erie Monsters, the city's AHL hockey team.
Dining at the "Q"
In addition to the numerous concessions at the arena, the "Q" has two full-service dining options:
- B-Spot -- Located in Section 125, B-Spot is a mini-version of chef Michael Symon's popular east-side eatery. Enjoy burgers, brats, craft beers and milkshakes
- Bar Symon -- Located in Section C126 on the club level, this Michael Symon outlet is open to all ticket holders and features a full bar as well as sandwiches and salads.
- Rocco's at the Q -- Chef Rocco Whalen (of Fahrenheit fame) brings his unique cuisine to the Q. Popular here are the nachos, crab cakes and tacos. Find Rocco's in Section 110.
- Quaker Steak and Lube -- This popular local chain serves its tasty, fun bar food at the Q in Section 133. The restaurant open 30 minutes prior to all Cavs games and Saturday and Sunday Monsters games.
- Cleveland on the Rocks -- This full-service bar is located in Section 124 on the Main Concourse, next to B-Spot
Hotels Near Quicken Loans Arena
The Hilton Inn Gateway is located just across Carnegie Avenue from Jacob's Field. Other downtown hotels, such as the Cleveland Renaissance (check rates) and the Ritz Carlton (check rates) are located within a short walk of the field. For a less expensive option, try one of the hotels at the I-77 and Rockside Rd. interchange.
Quicken Loans Arena
One Center Court
Cleveland, OH 44115