First Energy Stadium, built in 1997, sits on the site of the original Municipal Stadium, a Cleveland landmark since 1931. The new stadium combines the history of the old with modern conveniences, such as ample restrooms and unobstructed views. The stadium is located in downtown Cleveland at the waterfront near many of the city's attractions.
First Energy Stadium is 933 feet wide, 695 feet long, and 171 feet high.
The structure has a seating capacity of 73,200, which includes 8754 club seats, 10,644 Dawg Pound seats, and seating in 145 luxury suites. The concrete and glass structure sits on 31 acres of waterfront property.
Attending a Cleveland Browns game at First Energy Stadium is one of the city's highlights. Here are some tips to help you enjoy your visit:
- Seating - First Energy Stadium has 73,200 seats on three levels, including 8754 club seats, 10,644 bleacher seats, and more than 1400 wheelchair accessible seats.
- Getting In - The four gates to the stadium, located at the corners, open two hours prior to kick-off.
- Prohibited Items - The following items are prohibited from the stadium: large purses, bags and backpacks, strollers, umbrellas, ice chests and coolers, canned or bottled beverages, thermoses, and alcoholic beverages.
- Security - All guests and their belongings are subject to security inspection upon entering the stadium.
- Smoking - First Energy Stadium is a non-smoking facility.
Facilities at First Energy Stadium
Facilities at First Energy Stadium include numerous ATM Machines, ample concessions, a team logo shop, "Brownstown" - a shopping and entertainment complex, and the Cleveland Browns Hall of Fame, which features exhibits on the team's rich history.
Public Transportation and Parking
Cleveland's RTA rapid system's Waterfront line stops right in front of First Energy Stadium and may be accessed from Public Square.
First Energy Stadium does not have private parking. There are, however, numerous lots within one mile of the stadium including the adjacent Port of Cleveland parking lot. Parking rates range from $5 to $25+, depending on the lot's proximity to the stadium.
In addition to Cleveland Browns football games, First Energy Stadium hosts periodic special events, such as concerts, college football games, football clinics, and other sporting events.
Hotels Near First Energy Stadium
First Energy Stadium is located within walking distance of major downtown hotels, such as the Renaissance Cleveland, the Ritz Carlton, and the Marriott Key Center. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites is another convenient option, particularly if you are also visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Tours of First Energy Stadium are available between April and December. They include the Press box, the playing field, the Hall of Fame, the locker room, and other facilities.
The Browns host an official tailgating party at the northern enclosure and outdoor party of First Energy Stadium for all ticketholders beginning two hours prior to the game.
In addition, most of the area parking lots are filled with unofficial tailgate parties, starting in the early morning. Particularly festive is the Cleveland Municipal parking lot on Marginal.