The City of Falls Church, Virginia celebrates Memorial Day with a full day of activities for the whole family. Enjoy amusement and pony rides, arts and crafts booths, live entertainment, food and a community parade. Live musical entertainment will be provided by 40 Thieves and the City of Falls Church Concert Band. The Parade will be filmed by Falls Church City Cable Television and aired on Cox channel 11, Verizon channel 35, and RCN channel 2. Community Leader Barb Cram will serve as this year's Grand Marshal.
Date and Time
May 29, 2017, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Rain or shine
- 9 a.m. Don Beyer Volvo 3K Fun Run, Shenandoah Run Band
- 9:15 a.m. Music by 40 Thieves
- Main Stage, Park Avenue, and Little Falls Street
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Tours of 163-Year-Old Cherry Hill Farmhouse
- 11 a.m. Veterans Ceremony - Veterans Memorial, 223 Little Falls St. The keynote address will be given by Terry Shima, a WWII veteran who served in the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, a segregated Japanese-American infantry unit.
- 12:15 p.m. City of Falls Church Concert Band
- 2 p.m. Memorial Day Parade
Falls Church City Hall
300 Park Avenue.
Falls Church Community Center
223 Little Falls St.
Free parking is available on many side streets; please check signs for time limits. Free parking is also available at Kaiser and George Mason Square garages. Read the signs and be aware of private parking restrictions. Many businesses enforce parking restrictions on weekends and holidays and may tow without notice.
6 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (except for limited local and vendor traffic) Park Ave. will be closed from N. Maple Ave. to N. Virginia Ave. and Little Falls St. will be closed from Park Ave. to Great Falls St.
8:30-10:30 a.m. Streets along the route of the Don Beyer Fun Run will be closed. The run begins at Little Falls and Great Falls Sts., then goes left (west) down Great Falls St., then left on Pennsylvania Ave., right on Fulton Ave., right on N. Oak St., left on Lincoln Ave., left on N. West St. and left on Park Ave. ending at Little Falls St.
10 a.m.-2 p.m. Parade staging areas will be closed to vehicular traffic on Lincoln and West Sts. and Park Ave.
For more information, call the Recreation & Parks Division at 703-248-5178
Read more about Memorial Day in the Washington, DC Area.