Fall Creek Falls Golf Course on the Tennessee Golf Trail
Fall Creek Falls Golf Course on the Tennessee Golf Trail is one of the so-called "traditional" golf courses on the Trail. Of all the Tennessee State Parks, Fall Creek Falls is the most spectacular. The great waterfalls at the park have been featured on many a postcard, summer, fall, and winter. The golf course is no less spectacular. The official blurb states that the golf course is set upon "a paradise of more than 20,000 acres sprawled across the eastern top of the rugged Cumberland Plateau, Fall Creek Falls State Park is one of the most scenic and spectacular outdoor recreation areas in America." We can promise you that the description is far from over the top. The golf course, designed by the legendary Joe Lee, is one of the most challenging 18-hole layouts in Tennessee.
The golf course at Fall Creek Falls plays a tough 6,669 yards from the Blue tees for a par of 72, a course rating of 71.6 with a slope of 127. Four sets of tees are provided: Blue, White, Gold, and... Red. The fairways meander through the densely forested woodlands of the Cumberland Plateau. The course opened in 1972 and was designed by renowned designer Joe Lee. The greens were rebuilt and restored to their original design in 1988, and they can be quite fast especially under the hot summer sun.
Green Fees: Weekdays: $24 for 18 holes (cart is $15 extra); Weekends: $27 plus cart ($15). If you want to play out of season, the round will cost a whopping $29 plus cart. It doesn't get any better than that.
Fall Creek Falls State Park, 2009 Village Camp Road, Pikeville, TN 37367-6736; (800) 250-8610 Fax: (423) 881-5443
Where to Stay
You can, of course, stay on the property in of the state park's rustic cabins - you'll find the number listed below.
- Fall Creek Falls: Fall Creek Falls Bed & Breakfast & Cabin. To stay in one of the Park's rustic cabins, call for reservations: 1-800-250-8610
- Chapel Hill (Henry Hall): Horton Inn; Call for reservations: 1-800-250-8612.
- Kingsport (Warrior's Path): Comfort Suites Bay Meadows
- The Inn at Pickwick Landing: Call for reservations: 1-800-250-8615 or 731-689-3135
- Montgomery Bell: Holiday Inn Express at Dickson, TN
- Paris Landing: Paris TN Hotels
- Chattanooga, TN (Harrison Bay): The Chattanoogan Hotel
- Tim's Ford State Park Cabin Rentals: For reservations call 1-800-471-5295.<.li>
- Bear Trace State Park Cabin Rentals: Call the Bear Trace at Cumberland Mountain, call 888-800-2327.
How to Get There
The Tennessee Golf Trail and the Bear Trace are served by the following major airports: Nashville (BNA), Chattanooga (CHA), Memphis (MEM), Knoxville (TYS) and The TRi-Cities (TRI). All are served by almost all major US airlines, including Southwest (Nashville and Memphis), United, Delta, Continental, US Air, and American.
Return to Tennessee Golf Trail and the Bear Trace home page.