Washington Harbour is located along the Georgetown waterfront in Washington DC and offers spectacular views of the Potomac River, the Kennedy Center, Washington Monument, Roosevelt Island, and the Key Bridge. The multipurpose property features luxury condominiums, office space, a public boardwalk and several restaurants. The waterfront restaurants are especially popular during the summer months. Sightseeing cruises depart from Washington Harbour giving a narrative tour of Washington, DC aboard a small river boat.
During the winter months, the fountain in the center of the plaza is converted to an ice rink.
Getting to Washington Harbour
The address of Washington Harbour is 3000 K St. NW Washington DC
From Maryland – Take Wisconsin Avenue south into Washington. Turn left on K Street NW. Washington Harbour is on the right.
From Virginia – Take the Key Bridge toward Washington. Turn right on M Street. Turn right on Wisconsin Avenue. Turn left on K Street NW. Washington Harbour is on the right.
Metro – Take the Orange Line or Blue Line to the Foggy Bottom-GWU station. It is about a 15-minute walk from the station. Head north on 23rd Street, go to the left at Washington Circle, turn left on K Street and continue to 30th Street. Washington Harbour is on the left.
Restaurants at Washington Harbour
- Sequoia - 3000 K St. NW Washington, DC (202) 944-4200. Contemporary American.
- Tony & Joes - 3050 K St. NW Washington, DC (202) 944-4545. Seafood.
- Nick’s Riverside Grill - 3050 K Street NW Washington DC (202) 342-3535. American, Steak & Seafood.
- Farmers Fishers Bakers - 3000 K St. NW, Washington DC (202) 298-TRUE (8783). American, Eco-friendly.
- Fiola Mare - 3050 K St. NW Washington DC (202) 628-0065. Italian and Mediterranean Seafood.
- Mama Rouge - 3050 K St. NW Washington DC (202) 333-4422, Southeast Asian
- Casual eateries include Starbucks, The Best Sandwich Place, Gelateria Dolce Vita, and Cafe Cantina.
Potomac River Cruises
- Capital River Cruises - Offers a 45-minute historical narrative sightseeing tour of Washington, DC aboard a small riverboat, the Nightingale, and Nightingale II Tour Boats.
- Potomac Riverboat Company - Two cruises are available: a 45-minute tour of the monuments and a 90-minute round-trip cruise to Alexandria, Virginia.
Summer Concerts at Washington Harbour
From June to September, local musicians perform free, live music on the plaza at Washington Harbour along the waterfront in Georgetown. Performances are held on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and include a wide variety of bands.
Fountain and Ice Rink
The Washington Harbour Fountain and Ice Rink is located in the lower plaza. This rink is 11,800 square feet which is larger than the ice rink at Rockefeller Center in New York City. The skating season is November through March. The rink operates daily from noon to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, noon to 10 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday. Admission is $9 for adults, $7 for children, seniors and military. Skate rental is available for $5. The ice rink is available to rent for parties and special events.
For more information on transportation, parking and things to do in the area, see a guide to Georgetown.