Detroit's Downriver area refers to the southern most part of Wayne County. Specifically, "Downriver" includes the 18 Communities and Neighborhoods that run south along the western shore of the Detroit River to the mouth of Lake Erie. The area is known for its boating, fishing and bird watching. In fact, it contains The Detroit River International Wildlife Refuge. The area is also home to the Downriver Cruise, a large car show. Listed below are event calendars and/or newsletters for each of the Downriver Detroit communities, as well as some of the biggest events hosted by each community.
Allen Park: Newsletter
- Allen Park Street Art Fair takes place in August each year.
Brownstown Township: Newsletter
- Pointe Mouillee Waterfowl Festival takes place in September. Events include an art & craft show, duck calling, slig-shot contest, dog demonstrations, and more.
- Ecorse Water Festival traditionally takes place in July
Flat Rock: Newsletter
- Flat Rock Summer Blast takes place in June and includes live music, Michigan beers, arts & crafts, rides, fireworks, circus, monster truck rides, Frisbee dogs and more.
- Flat Rock Riverfest takes place in September. Highlights and events include a comedy/juggling variety show, live music, rides, fireworks and more,
Gibraltar: Website (newsletter on main page to the left)
- Annual Classic Car Cruise takes place in June.
Grosse Ile Township: Website
- Grosse Ile IslandFest Festival takes place in June.The event includes a carnival, kids activities, Party at the Beach!, live music, beer tent, car show, parade, fireworks and more.
- Boar's Head Festival takes place in December and is a Medieval Renaissance Celebration of Christmas that includes music and pageantry.
Huron Township: Calendar
- Apple Festival takes place in October and includes a parade, apple pie contest and fiddlers contest.
Lincoln Park: Newsletter and Happenings Magazine (Last page)
Melvindale: Website (Lower left corner of main page)
- Melvindale Days takes place in June and includes a carnival, live music, fireworks and more.
- River Rouge Days Festival takes place in September and includes a horseshoe contest, car show, parade, softball, archery contest, pancake breakfast, mariachi band, beer tent and more.
Riverview: Website (On main page)
- Gabriel Richard Downriver Days Festival takes place in June and includes carnival rides.
Rockwood: City Calendar
Romulus: Chamber of Commerce Calendar
- Pumpkin Festival takes place in September and includes a night parade, live music, food, crafts, games, a pumpkin-eating contest, classic car show and more.
- Parade of Lights is a night-time parade that kicks off the Pumpkin Festival each year.
- Heritage Days takes place in June and includes a car show, arts & crafts, live music, inflatable playscapes, "Kid-o-lympics," and more.
Taylor: Calendar of Events
- Summertime Fun Festival takes place in July and includes live music, carnival rides, run/walk, fishing derby, volleyball tournaments, softball tournament, barbecue cook off, Las Vegas games and more.
- Fall Festival of the Arts takes place in October and includes arts & crafts, hayrides, inflatable attractions, pony rides, baking competition, talent competition, magic shows and more.
- Junior League World Series Junior Baseball takes place in August.
- Summer Festival takes place in June and includes live music, wine & beer tasting,
- Scarecrow Festival takes place in October and includes prizes, contests, games, live music, a carnival and more.
- Uncle Sam Jam takes place in July and includes live music, petting zoo, carnival, monster truck rides, fireworks, white tiger exhibit and more.
- Wyandotte Street Art Fair takes place in July and includes arts, crafts and entertainment.
- Cruisin' Downriver takes place in June and features more than 300,000 car buffs.