With 10+ years of writing experience, Erika has covered everything from transparent bubble hotels to why there are tiny holes in airplane windows (there really are). Aside from TripSavvy, she has also written for Travel + Leisure, Vogue, Bon Appétit, Departures, Jetsetter, The Points Guy, and Epicurious, among other titles. She also specializes in growing audiences on Instagram and creating quality content catered to a social audience.
- Erika has been in love with Iceland since first visiting in 2016
- During the day, Erika is the audience development lead for Bon Appétit and Epicurious
- Since moving to New York in 2013, Erika has written more than 400 stories, spanning topics in design and cooking to travel and DIY
- Erika speaks at conferences around the country on audience development, creating captivating content, and—of course—Iceland
Erika's work has appeared in Travel + Leisure, Vogue, Bon Appétit, Departures, Jetsetter, The Points Guy, and Epicurious, among other titles.
Erika graduated from Drake University with degrees in Magazine Journalism, International Relations, and Entrepreneurship. She's been to exactly two frat parties (no more, no less) in her lifetime.
- The Ultimate Packing List for Your Iceland Vacation (No Checked Bag Required), The Points Guy
- The Best Women's Outfits for Winter, Departures
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.