Emerald Princess Cabins - Mini Suite D208 on Dolphin Deck 9
This tour of this cabin on the Emerald Princess is mini-suite D208, which is spacious, comfortable, and has lots of storage space for travelers who don't pack light. The balcony is large enough for four chairs and a small table, and the cabin has a full-sized sofa and two TVs.
There are two potential drawbacks to this suite. The first is the tub/shower combination. Although having a tub is a nice luxury, stepping into and out of a tub is a little more difficult than just a shower. The second drawback is the lack of privacy on the balcony. Since the mini-suites are larger than the standard balcony cabins, the balcony sticks out further, making privacy on the balcony impossible, since the passengers above are looking directly down onto the mini-suite balcony. The balcony also doesn't have a cover, making it even more exposed, but great for sitting in the sun.
The variety of accommodations on the Emerald Princess are similar to those on most large cruise ships. The amenities in each cabin are listed below the photo.
All cabins on the Emerald Princess include the following amenities:
- Twin beds which make up into a comfortable queen-size bed with European-style duvets and bed linens
- Color television with remote control featuring movies, CNN International, ESPN International, TNT, Discovery Channel, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, and exclusive programming
- Spacious closet
- Bathroom with shower
- Private safe
- Multi-function telephone
- Turndown service with pillow chocolates
- Private balcony (balcony cabins only)
In addition, the 178 Mini-Suites such as this one have these additional features:
- Separate sitting area with sofa bed
- Private balcony
- Two televisions
- Bathroom with tub and shower
- Luxury mattresses
- Luxury towels
- Pillow menu - option of feather or therapeutic pillows
The 26 regular Suites include these additional features:
- Walk-in closet
- Bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower
- Combined DVD/CD Players plus access to 100-title DVD library
- Halo light magnifying vanity mirrors
- Massage shower heads
- Fresh flower arrangement
- Luxury bathrobes and complimentary slippers
- Complimentary mini-bar (one-time set up)
The two Family Suites include two self-contained staterooms that connect through the living room and two bathrooms.
The Emerald Princess mini-suite sitting area has a television, full-sized sofa, and extra chair.
The closet with wooden hangars is just outside the bath, making it almost like a walk-in closet.
Evening Sweet and Treats
Sweets such as these fruit tarts are brought to the suite each evening. The chocolate-dipped strawberries, dressed to look like tuxedos, are a delight.