- Elizabeth (Liz) Rose is a freelance writer and photographer with a passion for travel throughout the southwestern United States.
- Liz has a background in sociology and archaeology, with a specialization in Hispanic cultures. She has volunteered for programs such as the Adopt a Native Elder Program in order to learn about and increase her understanding of indigenous cultures.
- She has written on travel topics for online publications such as Bindu Trips, Real Food Traveler, Wander With Wonder, and Sunset magazine's digital supplement. She is also published in Northwest Travel & Life magazine and Gallup Journey Magazine.
- She is the senior editor of Wander With Wonder.
- She is a member of the International Association of Food, Wine and Travel Writers.
Elizabeth Rose is a former writer for TripSavvy, specializing in the U.S. Southwest for nearly five years. She is an expert on cultural tourism, and she uses her background in sociology and archaeology to add context to her travel content.
Her travel writing has appeared in online publications ranging from Bindu Trips and Real Food Traveler to Wander With Wonder and Sunset magazine's digital supplement. She has also been published in Northwest Travel & Life magazine and Gallup Journey magazine.
Elizabeth Rose earned her bachelor's degree in social work from Kansas State University and a master's degree in social work from San Jose State University's bicultural/bilingual MSW program in Spanish and English.
Awards and Publications
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.