The proliferation of Edinburgh Fringe online reviews and listings can help you sort out the biggest daily challenge of the festival - simply deciding what to see. Every day throws up hundreds - even thousands - of choices. Some will be dreadful, most will be very entertaining, and there is always the once-in-a-lifetime chance to see a star being born.
Every experienced festival-goer has his or her own Fringe Festival strategy. But, if you are wired up in Edinburgh, a new way to stay on top of festival developments is to follow the excellent online reviews and listings websites now providing daily Edinburgh Festival coverage.
Some of the Best Edinburgh Fringe Online Reviews and Listings
- Edinburgh-Festivals.com, The online fringe review site of the Scotsman, Edinburgh's daily paper.
- Edinburgh's Festivals A pilot website of reviews, videos, listings, tips and comments posted by the Edinburgh City Council
- The Guardian "Wall-to-Wall" coverage of the festival from one of Britain's leading national newspapers. Reviews, A-Z listings, comments pictures, podcasts and videos.
- Broadway Baby An interactive website, celebrating its 11th year at the Fringe in 20141, with reviews, tips, previews, readers blogs and, in the spirit of the fringe, social networking. Broadway Baby awards the coveted "Bobby" gong for festival bests.
Keep Up With Edinburgh in the Twittersphere
Follow some or all of these to see who's tweeting what about the festivals:
- @edfringe - the official twitter feed of the fringe festival
- @edinburghfest - news, comment and gossip about all of Edinburgh's festivals
- @edinfest - tweets from the Edinburgh International Festival
- @BBCEdFest - the BBC broadcasts through out the festival and sponsors several stages as well. A great way to keep up with the latest.
- @bbcedfests - BBC Scotland's take on the scene
- @edfestival - The Scotsman's complete festival guide
- @ComedyReviewer - just what it says on the box
- Don't forget apps. The Fringe App, available from the App Store or Google Play offers schedules, show news and opinions and a ticket booking facility through your smart phone.
- And search the twitter hashtag #Periscope to see if anyone is live streaming video. Periscope launched for smartphones on March 27 2015 and there are bound to be users broadcasting their opinions and shows broadcasting their promos via Periscope tweets.