Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa: Classy Beachfront Luxury Hotel in Florida
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, Elegant & Fun Hotel in High-Society Magnet
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa is a classic South Florida beach hotel near the elegant High Society resort town of Palm Beach.
• Eau Palm Beach is not in the center of Palm Beach, but about 10 miles south of downtown. • Yet it is close enough to town to drive in for shopping or dining
• Yet it is a destination in itself
• The hotel is high-end, but strong on deals, discounts, and getaway packages
This Resort Wins the Awards
Eau Palm Beach was a Ritz-Carlton until 2013.Now under private ownership, it has earned the highest official rankings in the hotel world.
• In 2016, it won AAA's Five Diamonds...
• and Forbes Five Stars for both its hotel and its spa and
• This is rare! In every way, Eau Palm Beach fits the definition of a luxury hotel
What's Unique About Eau Palm BeachThe resort calls its style "new-fashioned luxury," and I agree
• This classic Florida resort was built in 1991 and face-lifted in 2014-15
• Eau Pam Beach combines high-society elegance with a relaxed, modern attitude
• A lot of luxury travelers love it for an upscale Florida getaway
Who Stays at Eau Palm Beach
Eau Palm Beach attracts a mix of fashionable guests:
• Beach-lovers who like the resort's seven oceanfront acres
• Sophisticated getaway couples from all over (and particularly Miami and NYC)
• Young families with kids in tow (from little ones to picky teens)
• And Social Register types (blazers for him, Lilly Pulitzer dress for her)
What Guests Like About Eau Palm Beach
Whatever a guest wants in a luxury hotel, it's probably something that Eau Palm Beach has.
The hotel features:
• Seven oceanfront acres on beautiful stretch of Atlantic Ocean
• Two oceanfront pools, one for adults only
• A sprawling beachfront terrace with loungers, firepits, and waiter service
• A seductive spa
• A swanky Club Floor lounge
• And kids' clubs that kids actually like
Would Eau Palm Beach suit your taste in hotels? Take the quiz >>
Will You Like Eau Palm Beach? Ask Yourself If...
Will Eau Palm Beach Be Your Florida Resort Style? Find Out!
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa may be the right hotel for you if:
• You want to be on the beach, not just near it
• You're looking for a no-doubt-about-it luxury hotel with a modern attitude
• You love a blend of traditional five-star hotel décor with a fun, modern look
• You love hotel spas and need a good one
• You want to work out on vacation and need a full hotel gym
• You want to be near golf and watersports
• You want to bask in the refined society vibe of Palm Beach
• You're visiting with kids or teens who like hanging in kids clubs and lounges
• You have your dog in tow and don't mind paying a hefty housekeeping fee
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa may not be the right hotel for you if:
• You prefer a small guest house or boutique hotel
• You want to be very near Palm Beach's Worth Avenue, not several miles from downtown
• You'd prefer an adults-only resort
• Or you're looking for a nightlife-centric hotel filled with 20something guests
See what the rooms are like at Eau Palm Beach >>
Guest Rooms & Suites at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
The Look of Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
From the outside, it has a vintage look. It resembles an Old Florida mansion in Spanish-Mediterranean style.
Inside, the resort is an appealing mix of classic, contemporary, and lovably quirky.
Jonathan Adler Designed Eau Palm Beach's Rooms
Eau Palm Beach's 309 guest rooms were completely redone in 2015 by designer Jonathan Adler.
• The style is modern, sunny, and playful, but with accents that bring to mind Old Palm Beach
• Adler's rooms are unquestionably chic, but are above all comfortable
Complimentary Perks in All Eau Palm Beach Rooms & Suites
All accommodations offer guests:
• iHome dock/speaker and free wifi
• Evening housekeeping service ("turndown")
• Robes and slippers
• Deluxe bath toiletries
• Keurig or Illy coffeemaker
• Bottled water
• Early-morning coffee in the lobby
• 400-thread-count Frette sheets
• Gifts including a beach bag and journal
• Special amenities for kids, babies, or dogs (see details here)
Room Styles at Eau Palm Beach
Guest accommodations are available in numerous categories.
• Suites have a bedroom living area, and two lavish bathrooms
• Cabana Terrace Suites are ground-level and on the beach, with a private garden patio
Pets Are Permitted at Eau Palm Beach
The hotel's pet policy permits four-legged guests under 25 pounds.
• However, owners are charged a nonrefundable $250 housekeeping fee, an ambivalent example of a pet-friendly hotel policy
See what makes Club Floor rooms the best at Eau Palm Beach >>
Club Floor Rooms & Club Lounge at Eau Palm Beach
Best Guest Experience at Eau Pam Beach: Club Level Rooms
The prime accommodations at Eau Palm Beach are its 22 Club Level rooms.
• These one-bedroom oceanfront suites have oversized balconies with ocean views
• They have one bedroom and two marble bathrooms
• The master bathroom has a giant oval tub with a view of the Atlantic Ocean panorama
What Makes these Rooms Club-Level: The Club Lounge at Eau Palm Beach
Club Level rooms give guests exclusive access to the gracious Club Lounge.
• In this great-looking, welcoming space, you can relax, socialize, eat and drink, from early morning until after dinner.
• Being Cub Level can make the difference between a good stay and a great stay
• See the pros and cons of upgrading to a club floor room
Monkeying Around: The Playful Atmosphere & Style of the Club Lounge
The Club Lounge's whimsical, nostalgic décor features cute monkeys on the wallpaper
• A lot of guests walk in and think "this is so Mad Men"
• These martini-mixing monkeys recall the pet spider monkey owned by 1920s Palm Beach fixture Addison Mizner (He was the eccentric, visionary architect and planner who built Palm Beach and is credited with inventing modern Florida)
• The room was styled by New York designer Eric Villency, a society favorite
• Eau Pam Beach is eco-conscious, and the lounge's hardwood touches were made from salvaged logs
What Do You Get in the Club Lounge?
The lounge is a fun place to hang out. All this is included:
• Food and drink service at certain hours (including wine and cocktails *see below)
• It has nooks for seating and lounging
• Plenty to watch and read, concierge service
• Dedicated concierge service and a business center
• Kids are welcome in the lounge, with their own playroom
Ongoing Food & Drink at the Club Lounge
Some guests find that upgrading to the Club Level gives them significant savings on food and drink. The Lounge serves:
• full breakfast and lunch
• Hearty snacks all day, like mini-quiches and cheese assortments
• Gourmet desserts and cookies, warm from the oven
Hear Ye, Hear Ye: Open Bar
The Club Lounge graciously offers an open bar with top-shelf liquors and mixers
• That’s in addition to its free-flowing Champagne and wines.
More Perks for Club-Level Guests
• Separate check-in and check-out
• Champagne at check-in
• Personal concierge services
• Daily clothes-pressing
• VIP pool seating and service
Check out the enchanting Eau Spa >>
Eau Spa at Eau Palm Beach in Florida
Eau Spa, a Seductive Oasis at Eau Palm Beach
Eau Spa is an oasis of pampering and indulgence.
• This is the rare spa that has won five stars (the maximum) from Forbes
• The spa caters to everyone: women and girls' getaways, teens, mother-daughter duos, dads and guys
Make a Wish (They Say It Works)
The Eau Spa experience begins with the flaming ritual
• You make a wish
• A tea candle is lit and set free in the circular wishing pool in the spa's foyer
• Then you get a flute of Champagne (or a cup of herbal tea) -- and it's replenished throughout your stay
• This playful attitude continues with mini-cupcakes in the waiting area and oversized rubber duckies in the whirlpools
Services at Eau Spa
Spa treatments can be either traditional or unique, but always high-quality treatments.
• One signature service is the customized body polish kit. It begins with a stop at the "scrub bar," where you choose a personalized blend of exfoliants (like almond paste or sugar) plus a scent (like lavender, vanilla, citrus)
• See the spa website and treatment menu
Indulgent Garden at Eau Spa
Eau Spa's spacious, elegant locker rooms offer the requisite steam bath, sauna, and hot tubs.. But the spa's outdoor grounds are even more impressive.
• Eau Spa's fanciful Self-Centered Garden (yes, that's the name) has fountains, waterfalls, and secluded plunge pools
• The garden can be as sociable or as private as you wish
• You can relax in cabana-style lounge beds in-between treatments
• Swings suspended over reflecting pools, shown above, are irresistible
Eau my: the perfect beach, pools, gym, kids' club, & teen lounge at Eau Palm Beach >>
Beach, Pools, Fitness, Golf Kids' & Teens' Clubs at Eau Palm Beach
So Much to Do Here: Beach, Pools, & Fitness at Eau Palm Beach
Eau Palm Beach is set directly on a clean, serene, simply stunning Atlantic beach.
• The water is warm for much of the year, with gentle waves
• Beach loungers are complimentary and cabanas are available for rent.
Pools at Eau Palm Beach
The hotel has two pools.
• One is a family pool
• The other is a 25-meter pool ideal for lap-swimming (kept at 82º, it is not overheated like many hotel pools)
• Chaises and cabanas are plentiful at both pools
Great Gym at Eau Palm Beach
The hotel has a sleek, well-outfitted gym with an ocean view.
• Exercise options include TV monitor-equipped cardio machines plus fitness and yoga classes
Tennis and Golf at Eau Palm Beach
Three Har-Tru tennis courts are on-property.
For golf, hotel concierges can coordinate visits to several courses a short drive away. Luxury Travel Guest Author Eric Levin, a golf expert, recommends these local courses:
• Osprey Point (27 holes, run by the county)
• Okeeheelee (another 27 holes, run by the county)
• North Palm Beach Country Club (open to anyone, despite the name). Designed by Jack Nicklaus, who lives just down the road, the links are cfficially designated a "Jack Nicklaus Signature Course"
•The Palm Beach Par Three (18 holes), on a strip of sand between the ocean and the Intracoastal waterway, with a truly excellent Italian restaurant, called Al Fresco, in the clubhouse
Kids' Activities at Eau Palm Beach
Parents like the fact that their kids have their own experience at Eau Palm Beach.
Young guests ages 5 to 12 are invited to the AquaNuts kids' club.
• Various activities include a rock-climbing wall, crafts, video=game tournaments
• For little actors and singers, there's a drama room with stage, costumes, director (and only starring roles)
Teen Activities at Eau Palm Beach
Coast Teens is a cool lounge and activity center that welcomes young guests 13 to 17.
• It offers a deejay booth, computers and games, movies, a pool table, and more
• On many nights, Coast Teens hosts a party
• Beauty Coast, the teen club's salon and modeling studio, has a runway and dance soundtrack, beauty supplies, gowns and jewelry; a photo shoot commemorates "the look"
Hear about the delicious dining at Eau Palm Beach, directed by a renowned American chef >>
Delicious Dining at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
Restaurants at Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
The Palm Beach area is noted for its excellent restaurants, but many Eau Palm Beach guests see no reason to venture off-property for dining.
• Eau Palm Beach's executive chef is Josh Thomsen, a great American chef
• Thomsen, a Culinary Institute of America grad, most recently won acclaim for his work at Agricola restaurant in Princeton, New Jersey
Temple Orange is the hotel's principal restaurant, with a varied menu.
• Its Friday night seafood buffet is a wonder, with all manner of fresh Florida fish and shellfish
• Its Mediterranean breakfast buffet is a nice array of pastries, hot items, fruit, salads, and more
Angle is Eau Palm Beach's the fine-dining restaurant.
• It is open year-round, Wednesdays through Saturdays
• Angle is strong on fresh, local farm-to-table cuisine
• Angle website and menus
Casual Dining at Eau Palm Beach
Stir Bar & Terrace is the resort's buzzy wraparound terrace.
• It's open noon till midnight with full food and drink menus
Breezes is open from lunch through dusk.
• Its menu is global, with snacks and full entrees
• Happy Hour starts at 4:30 and goes on till closing
Club-Level Dining at Eau Palm Beach
Guests staying in the hotel's Club Level may find that the Club Lounge's well-made snacks and meals are all they need.
In-Town Dining in Palm Beach
Dedicated foodies will want to venture north to downtown Palm Beach's Worth Avenue
• The very name signifies, luxury consumption
• Here, gourmets can savor splendid dinners at (among others) Café Boulud at the Brazilian Court Hotel, or Chef Clay Conley's excellent, side-by-side Buccan and Imoto restaurants
How to connect with Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa >>
Find Out More About & Follow Eau Palm Beach
Keep Up with Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
100 South Ocean Boulevard
Manalapan, Florida 33462
In standard travel-industry practice, the Resorts Expert was provided with a complimentary media visit for the purpose of describing the hotel. For more info, see our site's Ethics Policy.