Looking for a good Easter egg hunt in or around Washington, DC? Enjoy some Easter family fun in the city and around the region in Maryland and Virginia. See the schedule for this year's events.
In Washington DC
- White House Easter Egg Roll - April 17, 2017, 8:00 a. m. - 5:00 p. m. White House Lawn, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington, DC (202) 456-7041. Bring the kids to hunt for Easter Eggs and enjoy a morning of storytelling and a visit with the Easter Bunny. This is a special Washington, DC tradition that dates back to 1878.
- Easter Egg Hunt with the Washington Nationals - April 16, 2017, 1:35 p.m. Nationals Park, 1500 S Capitol St SE, Washington, DC. Kids ages 3-8 hunt for Easter eggs in the outfield following the game on Easter Sunday against the Phillies. Take home a commemorative wooden Easter egg and basket with the purchase of a special ticket. Both parents and kids must purchase a special ticket to participate. Tickets: $30-60.
- Eggstravaganza at Tudor Place - April 8, 14 and 15, 2017, 10 a.m.-noon. 1644 31st Street NW Washington, DC. Children of all ages enjoy an Easter Egg Hunt and a thrilling Egg Roll Contest. After the exciting games, spend the morning decorating festive eggs and building a spring basket. Visitors also enjoy a self-guided tour of Tudor Place’s gardens. Bring your own basket, spoon, and one hard-boiled egg per child. Admission: Member Children: $7, Nonmember Children: $10, Adult Chaperones: $3.
- Bunnyland at Butler's Orchard - 2017 Dates: April 8, 9, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22 and 23 (closed Easter Sunday), 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. 22200 Davis Mill Road, Germantown, Maryland (301) 428- 0444. Welcome spring with a hayride down the Bunny Trail, hunt for colorful eggs, Visit with the farm’s very own Country Bunny, ride a pedal tractor, play in Kiddie Hayromp and Castle, see live bunnies, lambs and chicks. Admission: $9 per child and $7 per adult.
- Green Meadows Petting Farm - A fun, safe atmosphere in Urbana, Maryland for kids and adults to learn about and experience animals firsthand. Included in the price of admission are interactions with and feeding of more than 250 animals, observance of cow-milking and pig races, and tractor races. For the 2018 season, Easter egg hunts will be held on March 29, 30, 31, and April 1.
- Meadowside Nature Center's Annual Easter Egg Hunt - April 7, 2017, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. 5100 Meadowside Lane, Rockville, Maryland (301) 258-4030. Children ages 2 through 12 can search for real (hard-boiled) eggs hidden in the meadow, then dye and decorate the eggs they find. There will be other spring-related activities throughout the day, including bunny hat and frog puppet crafts, ‘egg’ games, live animals and a meet-and-greet with Otus the Owl mascot. Register in advance at ParkPASS.org for the 30-minute hunting sessions. Admission: $8 per child.
- Terrapin Adventures Eggcellent Adventure - April 15, 2017, 11:15 a.m. & 3:15 p.m. Savage Mill in Savage, MD. Children will decorate their own egg cartons, pet live adorable bunnies, hunt for candy filled eggs, dress up in climbing gear then soar to new heights for one hour on the Terrapin Explorer Course designed specifically for ages 5-9. A portion of each ticket will be donated to a local Rabbit Shelter. Pre-registration suggested.
- Easter Scavenger Hunt at Surreybrooke - April 15, 2017, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. 8537 Hallow Rd, Middletown, Maryland (301) 606-3310. Children are invited to participate in a scavenger hunt where they will receive clues to run through a maze and the Alphabet Garden to find special treats. Reservations required.
In Northern Virginia
- Easter Egg Hunts at Ticonderoga Farms - March 25-April 23, 2017, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 26469 Ticonderoga Rd. Chantilly, Virginia (703) 327-4424. Join the Easter Bunny and search for candy and toy-filled eggs. The spring festival includes slides, playground ark, hayrides, a visit with farm animals and more.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Ida Lee Park - April 8, 2017, 12 - 4 p.m. Rt. 15/North King Street. Leesburg, Virginia (703) 777-1368. Leesburg Parks and Recreation Department sponsors an annual Easter Egg Hunt of more than 15,000 eggs throughout Ida Lee Park. For ages 7 and under. Separate hunts for each age group. Other activities include a moon bounce, jumbo slide, fire truck train, and balloon artists. Admission is $10 in advance, $15 at the gate.
- Easter Egg Hunts at Roer's Zoofari - April 8, 9, 15 and 16, 2017, 9 a.m - 4 p.m. 1228 Hunter Mill Rd., Vienna, Virginia (703)757-6222. Visit this small family friendly zoo and enjoy an Easter egg hunt with pony rides, raffle tickets, candy, face painting, Easter pictures, and more!
- The Lee-Fendall House Easter Egg Hunt - April 14-16, 2017. 614 Oronoco Street Alexandria, VA. The museum’s garden will be filled with hundreds of colorful toy-filled Easter eggs! Other activities include games, crafts, refreshments, and photos with the Easter Bunny. All children of elementary school age or younger (children aged 0-12) are eligible to participate in the Easter Egg Hunt. Older children and adults are welcome to enjoy the other activities. Tickets are $12 for children aged 0-12, and $5 for all others.
- Morven Park’s Eco-Friendly Easter - April 15, 2017, 10 a.m.-noon. 17263 Southern Planter Lane, Leesburg, Virginia. Romp and roll in Morven Park’s expansive lawn! Activities include story time, natural egg dying, basket making, an egg hunt, and learning about healthy Easter treats, topped off with an Easter egg roll on the Mansion lawn. $10/adult; $5/child.
- City of Falls Church's Easter Egg Hunt- April 15, 2017, 10 a.m. Cherry Hill Park, 312 Park Ave., Falls Church, VA. Egg hunting areas are divided by ages: 0-3, 4-6, and 7-11. Bring your own basket. Children ages 0 to 11 years old are invited to meet the Easter Bunny. This event is free to the public, but donations are encouraged. Rain Date: March 28 at 4 p.m.
- West Belmont Place Easter Egg-Stravaganza - April 16, 2017, 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m. 18980 Upper Belmont Pl. Leesburg, VA. This special morning with the Easter Bunny features a buffet brunch, a keepsake family photo with the Easter Bunny and an Easter egg hunt on the West Lawn of The National’s 65 acre campus. Tickets are $52 for adults and children 13 and over; $25 for children ages 3- 12.
- Great Country Farms Easter Egg Hunt - April 1-2, 2017. 18780 Foggy Bottom Road. Bluemont, Virginia (540) 554-2073. More than 10,000 treat filled eggs will be specially hidden for four separate aged based hunts daily. Visitors will enjoy the mysterious Marshmallow Harvest which always blooms on or around April 1st and can be eaten straight off the tree or roasted over the bonfire. The 5 acre play area features unique attractions like the giant jumping pillow; pedal carts, rope mazes and more.