Dupont Circle is a cosmopolitan neighborhood with some of Washington, D.C.'s finest museums, historic homes and foreign embassies as well as a variety of ethnic restaurants, bookstores, and private art galleries. This neighborhood is the heart of Washington, D.C.’s nightlife. The Dupont Circle community is diverse and has a vibrant energy. There are lots of high-rise apartment buildings and many rowhouses have been converted into apartments. The Circle itself is a gathering place with park benches, grass and a unique fountain in the center. It is an exciting place to walk around and explore.
Getting to Dupont Circle
Dupont Circle is located north of Downtown Washington, D.C., east of Rock Creek Park, south of Adams Morgan and Kalorama, and west of Logan Circle. The main streets that run through the circle are Connecticut Ave., New Hampshire Ave., and Massachusetts Ave. See a map of Dupont Circle
The Dupont Circle area is very busy and parking is limited. Public transportation is highly recommended.
- By Metro: The closest Metro station is Dupont Circle.
By Bus: Metrobus Routes include 42, G2, L2, N2-N6. The DC Circulator Bus runs every 10 minutes between Dupont Circle, Georgetown, and Rosslyn. The stop is located at 19th and N St. NW Washington DC
- By Bike: Capital Bikeshare allows you to take a bike from one of over 180 stations in DC and Arlington, and return it to a nearby docking station. The closest docking stations are located two blocks away at Massachusetts Avenue & Dupont Circle, NW and 20th & O Street, NW.
Points of Interest Near Dupont Circle
- Museums Near Dupont Circle: The neighborhood is home to several small museums, including the Textile Museum, Woodrow Wilson House, the Phillips Collection, Brewmaster's Castle and many more.
- Embassy Row: The area extending along Massachusetts Avenue from Dupont Circle toward the National Cathedral is home to many of Washington's foreign embassies.
- The Cathedral of Saint Matthew the Apostle: The Cathedral church and parish is the seat of the Archbishop of Washington. As the Mother Church of the archdiocese, it plays a major role in the Catholic life of the nation’s capital.
- Brookings Institute: The nonprofit public policy organization is consistently ranked as the most influential think tank in the U.S. Brookings is nonpartisan and provides fact-based analysis for opinion leaders, decision-makers, academics, and the media on a wide range of issues.
Dining and Nightlife
Dupont Circle is an eclectic neighborhood with a wide variety of restaurants ranging from fast food to unique ethnic eateries. The area is also one of the most popular destinations in the city for nightlife.
Hotels Near Dupont Circle
There are a variety of interesting places to stay in this popular neighborhood. There are a variety of accommodations ranging from family-friendly hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts.