Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe, New Mexico: Excellent Value in an Expensive Town
Drury Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe: Affordable, with Freebies Galore
Are you headed to Santa Fe, New Mexico? Then you already know that Santa Fe is not a cheap place to stay. Yet along with pricey five-star hotels you'll find some good, affordable Santa Fe hotels. Drury Plaza Hotel is very possibly Santa Fe's best value hotel.
• Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe is promotionally minded, offering deals and packages
• TripAdvisor members voted this hotel #3 of 60 in Santa Fe
• See all my reasons to visit Santa Fe
What Makes Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe Such a Good Value
Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe is a four-star hotel with many characteristics of five-star luxury hotels.
• Like Santa Fe's expensive hotels, it is centrally located (two blocks from the central Plaza)
• It houses one of Santa Fe's best restaurants, Eloisa, right in its lobby
• It has a year-round pool, a gym, a deck with fire pit, and several guest lounges
Intrigued by Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe? Next: find out if you, personally, would like it
Will Drury Plaza Hotel Be Your Favorite Hotel in Santa Fe?
Will Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe Be Your Style?
The answer is very possibly yes if:
• You want a hotel that is dead center in Santa Fe, just a momentary walk to the Plaza
• Your is to save on your Santa Fe hotel room so you can spend in restaurants and galleries
• You love the idea of being a mere elevator ride away from a top Santa Fe restaurant (Eloisa, on the hotel's lobby floor)
• You like uncluttered, modern décor and can do without the Wild West look
• You like to relax and primp in a big hotel bathroom
• You seek a social hotel with lots of lounging areas where you can meet other guests
• You need a good gym right in your hotel
• And you'd love a good-size swimming pool, heated and open year-round
• You feel good about a hotel with lots of added-value guest freebies every day (like a hot breakfast buffet and three drinks plus hot snacks at daily happy hour
• You're traveling with kids (they'll love the hotel pool, and you'll love the hotel's suites)
• You’re traveling with your pet (this is a very pet-friendly hotel, charging only $15 per day for up to two dogs and/or cats, as of 2017)
The answer is probably no if:
• You won't settle for a hotel that does not fit the definition of a five-star, true luxury hotel
• You want your Santa Fe hotel to de done in Southwestern style that reminds you every moment where you are
• Your hotel room must have a music player or jack
• You simply require a spa in your hotel
Next: does Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe sound good? See what the rooms are like
Rooms at Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
Comfy, Modern, Big Rooms at Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe has a bull's-eye setting in downtown. It occupies a building that was built in the 1950s in "colonial New Mexico" style (a colony of Spain, that is). When St. Louis-based Drury Hotels opened the Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe in 2014.
The hotel is more modern on the inside than on the outside. Its pubic areas and rooms are bright and contemporary in design. Southwestern artistic accents remind guests that they are in Santa Fe, America's third busiest art-gallery town (after New York and L.A.).
What the Rooms Are Like at Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
The 182 rooms and suites at this hotel are quiet, airy, and on the large side, with high ceilings.
• Many rooms have entrance hallways and/or balconies (Some balconies open, while others are decorative and do not no open)
• Some rooms have fireplaces
The rooms are practically designed to give guests everything they need. Beds are comfy, and bathrooms are big, with stone-tiled shower plus a soaking tub). In addition to the bedroom, suites have a living room with a fold-out double bed.
Lots of Comps at Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe is very promotionally minded. If offers discounts to members or AAA and other organizations.
It is also very generous with complimentary guest amenities that make this hotel an even better deal like those below. (To see all the deals and perks, scroll down on this page).
Complimentary Guest Amenities at Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
• Hot breakfast buffet
• Happy hour with three drinks on the house per adult plus free snacks (called the "5:30 Kickback")
• Plus free soda and popcorn from 3 to 10pm
• Wifi in your room and everywhere at the hotel
• In-room mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker
• Heated outdoor rooftop pool (year-round) and hot tub
• 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour business center
• Generous pet policy (only $15 per day for up to two dogs or cats)
• Parking (all valet) is not free, but relatively low-priced ($16 + tax per night as of 2017)
• There’s no spa, but the concierge can arrange for in-room massages
Next: a taste of the delicious dining at Eloisa Restaurant at Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
Dining at Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
The Acclaimed ELOISA Restaurant at Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
The hotel’s refined restaurant, ELOISA, is a Santa Fe dining destination with local buzz and national acclaim. It is a seriously delicious restaurant yet with moderate tabs.
• Its look will remind you of a downtown hotspot in L.A. or NYC; its loft-like dining room is complemented by a large outdoor patio warmed by a firepit
• ELOISA is open for lunch, dinner, cocktail hour, and after dinner for dessert and drinks
• Dinner reservations are recommended for this popular place
Who Was ELOISA? The Chef's Grandma
The chef of ELOISA, John Rivera Sedlar, was a finalist for the James Beard Foundation Award in 2016, for Best Chef: Southwest.
Raised in New Mexico, Sedlar learned to cook at his grandmother's side, and named his Santa Fe restaurant for her. "Traditionally, women are the foundation of New Mexico’s culinary heritage," he says. "Our cocina at Eloisa celebrates Grandma Eloisa, all the Southwestern women, and their satisfying, down-to-earth foods."
What You'll Eat at ELOISA Restaurant
Chef Sedlar cooks with New Mexican ingredients and refined culinary style. The result is modern, elegant, unique, and delicious. You will find classic dishes you love, like crab cake, salmon, and lamb chops, as well as Southwestern recipes like tamales and stuffed chiles.
Chef Sedlar's food is all familiar enough to be comforting -- and inventive enough to be exciting. And everything is finessed with New Mexican touches. The crab cake will come with chipotle aioli, the salmon with local calabacita squash, the lamb chops with "Southwest ratatouille."
• See the lunch menu and the dinner menu
Love Her Paintings? Then Taste ELOISA's Georgia O'Keeffe Tasting Menu
Chef Sedlar's five-course New Mexican tasting menu, "The O'Keeffe Table," pays tribute to the celebrated 20th-century American painter who spent the second half of her long life in New Mexico. How does Chef Sedlar translate O'Keeffe's abstracted landscapes into a menu? With the colors and ingredients of this breathtaking state.
• The prix fixe for the five courses of "The O'Keeffe Table" is a moderate $70, plus wine pairings for $30, as of 2017
Next: connect with Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe and start planning a luxury-for-less Santa Fe visit
Connect with Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
Connect with Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
Drury Plaza Hotel Santa Fe
828 Paseo de Peralta
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary visit in order to describe the hotel. For details, see our site's Ethics Policy.