The Downtown Disney District is a pedestrian dining, shopping and entertainment zone between the Disneyland and California Adventure parks and Disneyland Hotels. It has a similar feel to Universal CityWalk, with colorful cartoon signs and storefronts from the LEGO characters outside the LEGO store and the snazzy giant sax at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen to the outdoor Uva Bar in the center of the square that lights up like a rainbow at night.
In addition to individual businesses along the pedestrian zone, there is an outdoor stage that frequently hosts free performances. Vendor carts are scattered along the way selling everything from pretzels to designer electronics. During the winter, an ice rink is added to the entertainment. It opens before Thanksgiving and runs well into February. Downtown Disney also celebrates the Christmas season with a holiday village of booths that springs up around the ice rink with festive food and gifts.
The Disneyland Hotel and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel are at the opposite end of the Downtown Disney pedestrian zone from the theme park entry plaza. Disney's Grand Californian Hotel has an entrance right on the pedestrian zone, and another entrance into Disney California Adventure.
There is a Disneyland Monorail stop in the Downtown Disney District. Visitors who already have their tickets can enter the park via the Monorail, which takes you directly to Tomorrowland. You can also exit the park back to Downtown Disney the same way, so it can be a quick way to get out of the park to go back to a Disneyland Hotel or take a lunch or dinner break.
- Flambeaux's Jazz Club (inside Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen) - nightly jazz shows
- Outdoor Stage - seasonal concerts
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes
- Street Performers
- The VOID: Step Beyond Reality
- The Disney Dress Shop
- Disney Home
- Disney Pin Traders
- WonderGround Gallery – Disney Collectibles
- World of Disney
- Curl Surf - surf culture clothes, accessories, shoes and sandals, eyewear, watches, and more
- The LEGO Store - indoor and outdoor play areas as well as sales and exhibits
- Marceline's Confectionery - old-fashioned candy shop
- Pandora Jewelry - one-of-a-kind charm bracelets and coordinating jewelry
- Sanuk - surf culture shoes
- Sephora - cosmetics, fragrances, skincare, and haircare
- Sunglass Icon - hundreds of designer frames
- Ballast Point Brewing Co. - American
- Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar - Mediterranean, Steakhouse
- La Brea Bakery Café - Casual dining
- Naples Ristorante e Bar - Italian
- Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen - Cajun/Creole
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes Dining - American
- Tortilla Jo's - Mexican
- Earl of Sandwich
- Jamba Juice
- La Brea Bakery Express
- Napolini Pizzeria
- Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen Express
- Salt & Straw
- Taqueria at Tortilla Jo's
- Wetzel's Pretzels
Receive three hours of free parking when you make a $20 minimum purchase and receive validation at any Downtown Disney business. Get up to 5 hours of parking with validation from any Downtown Disney table-service restaurant.
Follow the signs for Downtown Disney Parking, which is separate from theme park parking.