01 of 04
Disneyland in October
What to Expect at Disneyland in October
It's Halloween time all month at Disneyland in October, with holiday decorations and celebrations. Use the Disneyland Halloween guide for tips and details.
One of the most fun ways to visit Disneyland in October (or any time of year) is to go to Mickey's Halloween Party. Adults can wear a costume, and everyone can go trick-or-treating. Attendance is limited, so waits are short, and it's the cheapest way you'll find to get into Disneyland - and the only way to see the special Halloween fireworks.
Columbus Day is the second Monday of October, but with few companies giving employees the day off, it doesn't affect attendance much.
Weekdays in early October can be one of the best times to visit Disneyland when the weather is sunny and still warm, but crowds are smaller.
Check the pros and cons of visiting Disneyland visiting Disneyland in fall.
October Hours at Disneyland
Disneyland's general hours in October:
Monday through Thursday: O...pen 11 to 13 hours per day. All of Disneyland closes early on days when Mickey's Halloween Party is held
Friday through Sunday: Open 14 to 16 hours per day. Columbus Day (second Monday) will be like a weekend day
California Adventure hours may be shorter. Check their October hours up to 6 weeks in advance at the Disneyland website.
October Closures at Disneyland
Late in the month, it's a small world closes so they can switch it over to its Christmas holiday theme.
October may be the less-busy season regarding visitors, but it's the busy season for the Disneyland maintenance team, with significant closures happening during this time of year.Continue to 2 of 4 below.
02 of 04
Disneyland Crowds and Events in October
Website isitpacked.com says crowds usually aren’t too bad during the week in October, but weekend crowds can feel downright summer-like. Use their crowd forecast calendar to get a day-by-day prediction.
- Tickets: You'll find it hard to get significant ticket discounts this time of year. Use the Disneyland Discounts Guide to find your options.
- Mickey's Halloween Party is the cheapest way you'll find to enjoy time at Disneyland, with a lower price than a regular ticket and lots of fun extras.
- Hotel Costs: As the parks start to get busy for Halloween, it will be harder to find a good hotel deal. Use the Guide to the Best Hotel Rates at Disneyland to get some ideas that may help with the cost. Hotels fill up on Mickey's Halloween Party nights.
Disneyland October Events
Continue to 3 of 4 below.
- Mickey's Halloween Party is one of the most enjoyable Disney events of the year. Use the Mickey's Halloween Party Guide to learn more about it.
- The Children's Hospital of Orange... County's annual fundraiser, the CHOC/Disneyland Resort Walk in the Park is held in October. The distance averages about 3 miles, and a minimum donation is required. Register early - it usually fills to capacity. In past years, walkers could show their wristbands at the ticket booth for discounts.
- Gay Days are an unofficial event, held in early October. You can get this year's schedule at their website. You may notice more than usual numbers of people wearing red shirts while it's going on.
03 of 04
What to Expect from Disneyland Weather in October
These averages can help you get a rough idea of what the weather will be like at Disneyland in October. It's only a guideline: California weather is just like it is where you live, different every year.
Expect sunny days and slightly cooler evenings. When conditions create them, Santa Ana winds can bring hotter than average temperatures this time of year, along with very dry conditions that give some people headaches.
At the extremes, Anaheim's record low temperature was 30°F (-1°C), and its record high was 108°F (42°C). Check the current Disneyland weather forecast a few days ahead for the best information.
Continue to 4 of 4 below.
- Average High Temperature: 74°F (24°C)
- Average Low Temperature: 63°F (17°C)
- Rain & Clouds Index: little or no rain
04 of 04
What to Pack, What to Wear in October
Midday, Disneyland sometimes feels a little hotter than you might expect from the thermometer reading. Park hours will be shorter than in the summer, but it still cools off fast at dark. If you're going to watch Fantasmic! or World of Color up close, you'll be thankful for a water repellent jacket.
Layers work best, clothing-wise. Make the innermost layer one that you'd be comfortable in if it's a little hotter than the forecast high.
Before you start packing your bags, take a look at the tested and proven tips in the Girls' Guide to Packing for Disneyland.
More Disneyland by Month
Summer's busy season is June, July, and& August. Hours will be long, most rides will be open and there's lots of... entertainment. It's also the most crowded time of year. That's when you'll definitely need to know these proven ways to spend less time standing in line at Disneyland.