In 2016, Disney World discontinued its 24-hour extravaganza event over Memorial Day weekend.
From 2012 through 2015, families that visited Walt Disney World Resort over the holiday weekend could attend the “Coolest Summer Ever” with 24 hours of nonstop fun during a special event at the Magic Kingdom. The 2015 event was hosted by Olaf, the lovable snowman from Disney’s blockbuster animated hit “Frozen.”
Disney's 24-Hour Event
In 2015, the Magic Kingdom was open 24 hours straight, from 6 a.m. Friday, May 22, to 6 a.m. Saturday, May 23. Guests were invited to come in costume to show their Disney Side while a selection of favorite attractions, entertainment, and food and beverage were on tap all night long to celebrate the start of the “Coolest Summer Ever” at Walt Disney World Resort.
The around-the-clock celebration featured Disney character greetings, dance parties and surprises into the wee hours of the night.
Here were highlights in 2015 at Disney World's four theme parks and two water parks:
- Frozen Fun: “Frozen” Summer Fun LIVE brought together Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf for daily appearances in shows and experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, June 17-Sept. 7. Special events included a royal processional, a sing-along show, Frozen-themed treats and merchandise, plus a "Frozen" fireworks display above Hollywood Boulevard.
- Star Wars Weekends: Guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios found stars from a galaxy far, far away during Star Wars Weekends May 15-June 14.
- New restaurants and shopping: Throughout the summer, new waterfront dining and boutique shops opened at Disney Springs as the shopping/dining/entertainment district continued its big makeover.
- Newly renovated Disney's Polynesian Village Resort: One of Disney World's most iconic resorts got a fresh makeover and plush new deluxe suites and bungalows.
- New Epcot entertainment: New entertainment acts appeared throughout Epcot World Showcase, which also brought a fresh summery twist on a fan favorite, Voices of Liberty.
- New water park hopper pass: A cool new deal doubled the fun at Disney’s two water parks, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach. Buy a one-day water park ticket and you could park-hop between the two water parks in the same day that both are open.