If you are thinking about a trip to Walt Disney World in February, you can expect favorable weather and reduced crowd levels. February is a great time to visit with family and friends—and two major events, runDisney and Valentine's Day, would no doubt get your hearts thumping. You should find it easier than usual to book the hotel room you want at a price you could afford, and you might be able to score a reservation at some of Disney's more popular dining locations (which could be a great spot to celebrate with your valentine).
Disney World Weather in February
Vacationers flock to Florida in the winter for a good reason: the weather. While much of the United States is experiencing freezing temperatures and snow, central Florida is comfortable and sunny during the day in January, February, and March. Expect daytime temperatures over 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius) on most days, although evenings and nights tend to be chilly.
- Average High: 74 degrees Fahrenheit (23 degrees Celsius)
- Average Low: 52 degrees Fahrenheit (11 degrees Celsius)
While the pools at Disney World's theme parks and resorts are heated to a comfortable temperature, February’s sometimes chillier temperatures may find you opting for a soak in the hot tub instead.
Another benefit to the cooler February weather is that it is a great time to take a baby or toddler to the parks, as they will be more comfortable and less prone to sunburns.
What to Pack
Orlando's February weather is pretty mild and will be quite pleasant for visitors from colder climates. Pack a light jacket or sweatshirt, along with jeans for Orlando's cooler nights and early mornings—these can also help keep you warm in case of cool air conditioning in retail shops and restaurants.
For park visits, shorts and T-shirts will be comfortable and are appropriate, along with sturdy, comfortable walking shoes. You'll also want to pack a daypack with a sweatshirt, sunscreen, water, and any medications or other necessities you'll need for a long day in the park.
February Events at Disney World
Whether you bring along the family or are planning a private couples getaway, there is plenty to do at Walt Disney World Resort throughout the month of February.
- Despite being the new kid on the block, the Epcot International Festival of the Arts has already become a fan favorite among Disney fans. A perfect combination of food, art, and entertainment, this festival brings in masters in musical, visual, and culinary arts for fun presentations and hands-on workshops. It takes place from January 8 until February 22, 2021.
- runDisney is a top-rated series of running events where runners of all levels get the chance to race through the parks at full speed. There are several events held throughout the year and in February, you can challenge yourself by running the Princess Half Marathon, with various races happening virtually throughout the weekend of February 18–21, 2021.
- If you are looking for some romance at the House of Mouse on Valentine's Day, you and your loved one could spend a memorable day at one of the theme parks, followed by a romantic dinner for two at one of Disney's fine dining establishments. It should be noted, however, that even if you have restaurant reservations, expect to wait to be seated on this high volume dining day at Disney.
February Travel Tips
- Book your vacation for the first week of February if you want to avoid crowds. Attendance is typically low the first week, but it rises steadily throughout the month. President's Day crowds are expected to start the third week of February, so make sure to read up on the FastPass+ system before your trip to cut down on the ride lines. However, compared to the high season months of July and August, February is significantly less busy.
- A small downside to Disney travel in February is that some park hours may be reduced early in the month due to lower crowd levels, so your late-night choices may be limited to a single theme park, Given the freedom of short wait times, the tradeoff is often worth it.
- It's no secret that Disney offers some great snacks and desserts. So, while you may not want to sip something piping hot in July, February is an ideal time for a warm, comforting drink or to savor an ice cream treat without it immediately melting.
- February is also an ideal time to get your favorite (tiny) princess a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover or a haircut at the quaint Harmony Barbershop. Not only will your little one have a blast, but the makeover will last longer since you will most likely not be hitting the pool each day.
- If you have never tried some of Disney's outdoor activities such as biking at any of the resorts, or horseback riding at Fort Wilderness, consider adding something healthy and fun to your schedule. Your chance of an unwelcome reptile or insect encounter drops dramatically in the winter.
- Disney After Hours is a little-known secret perk of visiting in the winter months: Guests get a three-hour exclusive experience in the Magic Kingdom. You'll feel like you have the park all to yourself, with 25 of the most popular attractions, along with character greetings, available at this after-hours event. The best part is you won't have to wait to ride fan favorites including Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion.
- Check Disney World’s special offers for reduced hotel rates, package deals, and more. You’re likely to find good off-season promotions for February.
If you're not sure which month to visit, find out more about the Best Time to Visit Disney World.