It's always a big deal when Disney announces that it will open a brand new resort at Disney World, and unsurprisingly Disney Riviera Resort is already generating lots of buzz with Disneyphiles. Slated to open in fall 2019, the resort will be inspired by the glamorous South of France and feature approximately 300 guest rooms with a variety of sizes and configurations.
This will be a Disney Vacation Club property and official Disney World Resort Hotel. Both DVC members and non-DVC members will be able to book a stay there.
Disney Riviera Resort will have a terrific location adjacent to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort near Epcot and Hollywood Studios parks. Guests will be able to get to and from Epcot and Hollywood Studios on the new Disney Skyliner gondola. Bus transportation will also be available to all four theme parks, two water parks, and Disney Springs dining and shopping district.
One of the major highlights of Disney Riviera Resort will be a rooftop restaurant with views of the nighttime fireworks spectaculars at Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This is sure to become one of the most coveted dinner venues at Disney World, which means it will require making advance reservations. Note that guests staying at Disney World Resort Hotels can make dinner reservations beginning 180 days (about six months) in advance of their arrival date.
Perks of Staying at an Official Disney World Resort
Need more reasons to choose Disney Riviera Resort? Staying inside Disney World at a Disney World Resort Hotel brings a lot of benefits that can save you both time and money.
- Flexible FastPass+ Planning: As a Disney World Resort guest, you’ll receive complimentary MagicBand wristbands and be able to reserve times for rides and attractions 60 days in advance of your arrival using FastPass+. That is a full 30 days in advance of non-guests.
- Free Transportation: On your arrival and departure days, you’ll receive complimentary transportation to and from Orlando International Airport (MCO) on Disney’s Magical Express. And during your stay, you can easily get around using Disney’s free transportation system of monorail, buses, ferries, water taxis, and (soon) gondolas and the (for a fee) "Minnie Van" ride-hailing service.
- Extended Park Hours: Once you arrive at Disney World, you can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours to enjoy extra time in the parks before and after the official opening and closing times. This is one of our favorite perks, as it can dramatically cut the wait time for the most popular rides and attractions.
- Free Wi-Fi: All Disney World Resorts offer complimentary, resort-wide wi-fi. There is also free wi-fi in all the theme parks.
- Free Entertainment: All Disney World Resort properties offer an array of daily fun family activities such as night-time "Movies Under the Stars." Some properties feature kids' clubs and character meals.
- Purchase Delivery: Planning on souvenir shopping? Any gift-shop purchases you make in the theme parks can be sent back to your hotel for free, so you never have to carry extra bags around with you.
- Dining Plan Option: Guests at Disney World Resorts can purchase the dining plan add-on, which includes a set number of meals at a set price.
About Disney Vacation Club
Disney Riviera Resort will be the fifteenth Disney Vacation Club resort. Disney Vacation Club debuted in 1991 with a flexible vacation points-based system rather than the traditional fixed-week timeshare model. Today, Disney Vacation Club has more than 220,000 member families from all 50 states and approximately 100 countries.
Disney Vacation Club Members are able to choose from among a variety of vacation destinations, including a stay at any Disney Vacation Club Resort or one of the thousands of other vacation options in destinations around the world. Plus, when purchasing directly from Disney, members can also enjoy the Disney Collection, which extends to Disney Cruise Line and guided tours with Adventures by Disney, as well as the Concierge Collection, a portfolio of high-end hotels in sought-after destinations. Members can use their DVC points on a vacation at a Disney Vacation Club Resort lasting anywhere from one night to several weeks.
With Disney Vacation Club properties located near the Disney theme parks in Florida and California, members can use their points on Disney World and Disneyland vacations.