Walt Disney World is definitely not an inexpensive attraction, but Florida residents get special perks: They receive discounted admission tickets to Disney World, which means they can go more often and make the most of their proximity to this renowned theme park.
Passes That Qualify for Discounted Tickets
- Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass
Good for admission to all four Disney theme parks -- the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and the Animal Kingdom. The pass is also good for both Disney water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, along with Disney's Oak Trail golf course. There are no blackout dates, multiple parks can be visited on the same day, and parking is complimentary.
- Florida Resident Annual Pass
Good for admission to all four Disney theme parks. As with the premium annual pass, there are no blackout dates, you can visit as many parks as you want on the same day, and parking is free.
- Florida Resident Seasonal Pass
With this pass, you can get into all four Disney theme parks, but blackout days apply. You can visit as many parks as you want in one day, but you have to pay for parking.
- Florida Resident Weekday Select Pass
This is the best deal for Floridians who want to check out all four Disney theme parks. The pass is good Monday through Friday, and blackout dates apply. And you must pay to park your vehicle.
- Florida Resident Epcot After 4 p.m. Annual Pass
This is a great pass for those who like the dining options available at Epcot and want to visit in the evening. This is an ideal way to take part in the annual events at Epcot such as the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, Epcot International Food and Wine Festival and the Epcot Candlelight Processional.
How to Qualify
To qualify as a Florida resident, you must provide proof of a Florida residential address for each adult ticket purchased. Adult means 18 years or older. Anyone using a Florida resident adult ticket must be present at the time the ticket is picked up. The following items may be used as proof of residence:
- Valid Florida driver's license
- Valid Florida state-issued ID card with a Florida address
- Valid Florida-based military ID
If you do not have one of these IDs, for each adult ticket purchased you must provide one of the following dated within the last two months and showing a Florida residential address along with a corresponding picture ID, which could be a passport, driver's license or state identification card.
- Monthly mortgage statement
- Florida vehicle registration or title
- Homeowner's insurance policy or bill
- Automobile insurance policy or bill
- Utility bill
- Mail with address from a financial institution, including checking, savings or investment account statement
- Mail with address from a federal, state, county or city government agency
Bills can be no more than two months old, and post office boxes are not accepted as proof of residency. Current bills printed from electronic versions are acceptable, but photocopies and fax copies are not.
Tickets can be purchased online or by calling Walt Disney World.