Disney's contemporary Christian music event — Night of Joy — will celebrate its 34th year by again presenting an unprecedented lineup of Christian music artists. For the first time ever, the event's concerts will be held within the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at three of the complex's venues — Champion Stadium, HP Fieldhouse and Jostens Center.
Venue doors open and activities begin at 5:00 p.m. each night, with performances taking place beginning at 6:30 in both indoor and outdoor venues.
Departing from the past when Night of Joy was held at Disney's Magic Kingdom, those that purchase a single-day with them park option or a two-night ticket will be able to choose which theme park to visit on Saturday, September 10 — Disney's Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios or Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Some of the highlights of this popular Christian event are:
- Amazing performances from a variety of artists each night
- Family Activity Zone
- Expo with a variety of vendors
- Variety of food and beverage options, including Food Trucks
- Talent Spotlight Competition
- Youth Leader Lounge with food and non-alcoholic beverages
- Complimentary transportation.
The 2016 lineup will feature a host of inspirational performers, including 2015 Grammy Award Winner Francesca Battistelli. Also appearing are Night of Joy favorites like MercyMe and Casting Crowns, as well as newcomers such as Tim Timmons.
Friday, September 9* - Praise & Worship Night
- Casting Crowns
- Chris Tomlin
- Francesca Battistelli
- Matthew West
- Stars Go Dim
- Zealand Worship
Saturday, September 10* - Rock & Pop Night
- for King & Country
- Young & Free
- Thousand Foot Krutch
- Tim Timmons
Since Night of Joy is not being held at Disney's Magic Kingdom this year, ticketing is more complicated.
- An advance single-night, concert-only ticket for Friday, September 9, is $39.00 (plus tax). If available, the day of the event, the price is $45.00.
- A single-night advanced concert ticket that includes a one-day Disney theme park ticket valid for one of the four Disney World theme parks for Saturday, September 10, is $99.00 (plus tax) or $114.00 (plus tax) the day of the event.
- A two-night concert ticket, which includes both nights' concerts and a one-day Disney theme park ticket valid for one of the four Disney World theme parks is $119.00 in advance.
Additionally, those who purchase the two-day ticket on or before August 9, 2016, will also receive one admission to their choice of Disney's Blizzard Beach or Disney's Typhoon Lagoon valid from September 6 through September 12, 2016.
Group discounts and premium seating options are also available. Premium seating includes a reserved viewing area at Champion Stadium, as well as a commemorative lanyard and pin. For more information or to purchase tickets for Night of Joy, call 877-648-3569 or online www.nightofjoy.com.
In recent years, tickets are limited and have sold out well in advance, so buy your tickets as soon as possible.
Complimentary transportation to the concert venue will be available from select Disney World Resort locations from 4:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Return transportation to all Disney World Resort hotels will be available throughout the event and as it concludes. Those attending Night of Joy, but staying off-site, are encouraged to use their own personal mode of transportation to and from the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
* Artists and schedule are subject to change without notice.