For families with three or more kids, the typical standard room just isn't big enough yet ponying up for two rooms is pricey and inconvenient. Luckily, larger families have plenty of options at Disney World. Here's a range of solutions for families of five or more, and for every budget.
01 of 07
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Value | Suites Sleep 6 | Near Hollywood Studios
The Art of Animation Resort immerses families in the middle of favorite Disney/Pixar animated films. There are large elaborately themed outdoor courtyards and the largest pool at any Disney World resort. Family suites are themed to The Lion King, Finding Nemo, Cars, and The Little Mermaid. Each suite includes a bedroom with one queen-size bed; one double-size convertible murphy bed; one double-size sleeper sofa in the living room; two bathrooms and a kitchenette. Find it on a map.
02 of 07
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Value | Suites Sleep 6 | Near Animal Kingdom
All-Star Music Resort pays homage to popular music genres and features oversized music-inspired icons, a food court, and a piano-shaped pool. Family suites include a bedroom with one queen-size bed; a living area with a double-size sleeper sofa; a sleeper chair; a sleeper ottoman; a kitchenette and two bathrooms. Find it on a map.
03 of 07
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Moderate | Select Rooms Sleep 5 | Near Epcot & Downtown Disney
One of the best values for a family of five, moderately priced Port Orleans Riverside Resort evokes the graceful tranquility of the Cajun bayou, complete with a pool and cool sawmill waterslide, nightly campfire storytelling, and a fishing hole where you can practice your catch and release. Most rooms sleep four but ask about the selection of rooms in Alligator Bayou that can accommodate up to five people with two queen beds and a pull-down child's bunk. Find it on a map.
04 of 07
Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Moderate | Suites Sleep 6 | Near Magic Kingdom
The outdoorsy campground-style Fort Wilderness Resort features spacious, secluded cabins that feature a sleeping area, living room, full bathroom, private patio, charcoal grill and fully equipped kitchen. There's a fun pool with a corkscrew waterslide and on-site entertainment with the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. You can pick up groceries and supplies from the Trading Posts, and rent a golf cart or bike to get around the resort.Continue to 5 of 7 below.
05 of 07
Deluxe | Suites Sleep 5 to 8 | Various Locations
Eight deluxe resorts offer spacious, luxurious suites for larger families.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge | Near Animal Kingdom
- Disney's Beach Club Resort | Near Epcot & Hollywood Studios
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn | Near Epcot & Hollywood Studios
- Disney's Contemporary Resort | Near Magic Kingdom
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa | Near Magic Kingdom
- Disney's Polynesian Village | Near Magic Kingdom
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge | Near Magic Kingdom
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort | Near Epcot & Hollywood Studios
06 of 07
Disney Swan and Dolphin Hotels
Deluxe | Suites Sleep Up to 10 | Near Epcot & Hollywood Studios
These two deluxe sister hotels enjoy a prime location inside Disney World between Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Though the properties are part of the Westin chain, guests can take advantage of key Disney-guest benefits such as Disney transportation, FastPass+, Extra Magic Hours and complimentary parking and purchase delivery. Find them on a map.
07 of 07
Deluxe Villa | Villas Sleep 5 to 12 | Various Locations
At the ten deluxe villa resorts, plush digs range in size from deluxe studios to two-bedroom villas that can sleep between five to nine people to sumptuous three-bedroom grand villas at the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort that can accommodate up to twelve people and feature an enormous great room and a media room. All villas feature modern luxury amenities such as a fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops, a whirlpool tub, flatscreen TVs, DVD players, and washer and dryer.
- Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows | Near Magic Kingdom
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort | Downtown Disney Area
- Disney's Beach Club Villas | Near Epcot & Hollywood Studios
- Disney's BoardWalk Villas | Near Epcot & Hollywood Studios
- Disney's Old Key West Resort | Downtown Disney Area
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Jambo House | Near Animal Kingdom
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village | Near Animal... Kingdom
- Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort | Near Magic Kingdom
- Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge | Near Magic Kingdom
- Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort | Near Magic Kingdom
Looking for a unique place to stay? Consider the treehouse villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. These stand-alone vacation homes sleep nine and are nestled in natural forest glens just around the river bend from the Downtown Disney Area. The 60 treehouse villas are elevated 10 feet off the ground on pedestals and designed to blend into the lush wilderness setting.