Here's our guide on how to get to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida by air, bus, car, or train:
Orlando International Airport funnels millions of visitors a year to Walt Disney World and neighboring theme parks and attractions. OIA has a sleek, modern terminal with monorail-type transportation to and from airside gates to the main terminal where you will find a large shopping area, including a Disney Store.
There are several different transportation options from Orlando International Airport:
- Disney's Magical Express: Those visitors staying at a select Disney World Resort hotel can take advantage of Disney's Magical Express, which provides complimentary shuttle and luggage service to and from their resort.
- Rental Car: The best route is to take OIA's South Exit to Central Florida Greenway (Route 417) to Route 536 which leads directly to Walt Disney World. Route 417 is a toll road which will cost about $2.00.
- Shuttle: Check first to see if your hotel offers free shuttle service. If not, shuttle service is offered from Orlando International Airport and serves the Walt Disney World Resort area, the Hotel Plaza Boulevard properties, as well as the International Drive area. Shuttle vans run about every 15 or 20 minutes around the clock. Cost is approximately $20.00 one-way per adult with a slight discount for round-trips. Children's fare is approximately $15.00, or just under $25 round-trip. Children under four years of age ride free. Gratuity is not included in these rates and it is customary to tip drivers for good service.
- Limousine Service: Limousine and town car service is also available. Round-trip rates are generally for up to four or five passengers and run between $75.00 and $100.00. Gratuity is not included in the rates and it is customary to tip drivers for good service.
You may want to read more on air travel and a list of airports serving Florida.
Greyhound provides service to Orlando and Kissimmee. Kissimmee is the closest to Walt Disney World. Check first to see if your hotel offers shuttle service. If not, you can take a taxi to your hotel.
For Greyhound online routes, rates, and reservations visit www.greyhound.com.
Here are the directions from major north-south highways:
- From I-75 or I-275:
- Take I-4 East to appropriate Walt Disney World exit and follow the signs to your resort area.
- From I-95:
- Take I-4 West to appropriate Walt Disney World exit and follow the signs to your resort area.
- From Florida Turnpike:
- -Southbound Only: Take Highway 27 Exit #285 south to Highway 192 and follow the signs to Walt Disney World resort area.
- -Northbound Only: Take Highway 192 Exit #244 (or #242 northbound only). Stay on Highway 192 West through St. Cloud and Kissimmee to Walt Disney World.
- -Take Osceola Parkway Exit #249 (toll road) and follow the signs to Walt Disney World.
- -Take Orlando I-4 Exit #259 and follow westbound to the Walt Disney World exit.
Orlando is serviced twice daily from New York City by Amtrak. Rental cars are available by shuttle, or you can take a shuttle to your hotel. The cost is around $20.
Amtrak reservations may be made by calling 800-USA-RAIL or online at www.amtrak.com.