These days, Segway tours are a staple of any vacation destination. They allow people to tour pathways usually reserved for foot traffic without expending any personal energy. Aside from providing an alternate mode of transportation in otherwise tight areas, Segways are just fun and different and definitely a ride. So, without further ado, here is a list of Detroit Segway tours and rentals.
Great Lakes Segway
Great Lakes Segway is actually the only Segway dealer in Michigan, but the dealership offers rentals, test rides, and leases.
- Prices and Details: Rentals are $150 for a day, $550 for a week, and $950 for a month. They also offer guided tours for $50 per person.
- Location and Contact Information: Michigan Segway is located 239 E Walled Lake Dr., Walled Lake, MI 48390.
Detroit: Inside Detroit's Segway Tours
Inside Detroit is a nonprofit organization devoted to showcasing the Motor City’s history, culture, and attractions. In addition to bus and walking tours, the organization now has guided Segway Tours.
- Downtown Detroit: Tour attractions include RiverWalk, the stadiums, and The Fox Theater. You can even go inside the Guardian Building. Tours are scheduled at 10 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Dequindre Cut: Tour attractions include Eastern Market, Lafayette Park and the Dequindre Cut. Tours start at 1 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Prices and Details: Both tours cost $65 a person/Segway. Riders complete an orientation before the tour.
Elsewhere in Michigan
There are several other locations throughout Michigan that offer Segway Tours or Rental, including:
- Grand Blanc: Group Segways
- Grand Rapids: Segway Tours of Grand Rapids