So let’s talk a little about some very enticing summer stay and play packages on offer at Destination Kohler, home to the championship public courses, Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run, which have collectively hosted the 1998 and 2012 U.S. Women’s Open, 2004 and 2010 PGA Championships, 2007 U.S. Senior Open and the 2015 PGA Championship, offers award-winning golf courses with open, rugged and windswept terrain alongside luxury accommodation and the Forbes Five-Star Kohler Waters Spa, renowned for its hydrotherapy services.
The Whistling Straits layout is made up of two links-style courses – The Irish, offering an intriguing mix of links-style dunes and The Straits, offering a rugged lakeside experience. The Straits hosted the 2015 PGA Championship – which was the most profitable Championship in combined ticket and hospitality sales – and will welcome the Ryder Cup in 2020. Kohler is also the home of the highly praised Blackwolf Run, which is made up of two distinct courses – The River and The Meadow Valleys – that are separated by the Sheboygan River. Blackwolf Run was named by Golf Digest as “The Best New Public Course” in 1988 and has hosted Majors such as the 1998 and 2012 U.S. Women’s Open Championships.
Stay and Play Golf Packages: The Dye-abolical
The Dye-abolical Package
So let’s talk about Pete Dye for a minute. I’ve never played a PD course I didn’t love. Now here’s an opportunity to really get stuck it. The dye-abolical golfing package combines Destination Kohler’s five-star accommodations with its world-class golf offering just in time for the summer season. The all-encompassing curated experience includes:
- Three nights at The American Club (or Inn on Woodlake or Sandhill)
- Four, 18-hole rounds of golf per person, and one round on each of the following courses:
The Straits and Irish at Whistling Straits and The River and Meadow Valleys at Blackwolf Run
- Golf car fees at Blackwolf Run; forecaddie fees on The River (does not include caddie gratuity)
- ½ hour golf lesson at Blackwolf Run, Whistling Straits of the Kohler Swing Studio with a Kohler Golf Academy instructor 20% off Forbes Five-Star Kohler Waters Spa, renowned for its hydrotherapy services (excluding Saturdays and seasonal treatments) and other exclusive offerings.
More Great Summer Offerings at Destination Kohler
The Ultimate Buddies Trip
If you’re planning a trip with friends, groups of 12 or more can partake in the Ultimate Buddies Trip, which includes tournament style events, pairing parties and champion plaques. The new state-of-the-art Kohler Swing Studio, located at The Shops at Woodlake, offers a year-round indoor haven for golfers looking to perfect their swing amongst the latest virtual simulation technology. Kohler Swing Studio features two aboutGolf Simulators with aG Curve and aG widescreen. Unwind after a day on the greens at Whistling Straits Restaurant, with views of Lake Michigan, or Blackwolf Run Restaurant, overlooking the Pete Dye-designed championship golf courses.
The Kohler Swing Studio
Does your game need a tune up? You’ve come to the right place, because The Kohler Swing Studio & Golf Shop opens as a year-round indoor facility for golf improvements and entertainment featuring two aboutGolf Simulators (Ag Curve and Ag Widescreen), the official golf simulator provider of the PGA TOUR and Golf Channel. Golfers can play one of more than 60 golf courses for an unparalleled indoor golfing experience at the new location at The Shops at Woodlake Kohler. The Golf Shop features golf equipment and clubs, and logoed apparel and gifts from Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits. In the coming months, the Golf designers will be working alongside Kohler Golf professionals to create the course designs for the four world-class golf courses at Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run.
Yoga With A Golf Club
We all know that Yoga is a balancing act, right? Absolutely, and so next time why not combine it with a golf club! Yoga for Golfers incorporates classic yoga with golf techniques, cues and skills learned directly from Kohler Golf Academy Instructors. The series of workshops include a sequence of postures and techniques to enhance performance and competition, and help to prevent chronic injuries, including:
• The four components of the Yoga for Golfers series, and how they will help perfect your golf swing: 1. Golf strength, flexibility and balance 2. Meditation, visualization and breath work 3. Pre-game warm-up, focus and relaxation 4. Injury prevention and body maintenance.
• A series of golf specific yoga postures and exercises that incorporate golf techniques, cues and skills learned directly from regarded Kohler Golf Academy Instructors.
• How to get “in the zone” and maximize performance through exercises that build strength, power, balance and flexibility as well as focus and relax your mind on the course and game ahead Golf conditioning yoga is one of the easiest ways to restore, improve, and maintain optimal functional movement patterns and maximize golf performance. Yoga for Golfers is the latest workshop to join Yoga on the Lake, Destination Kohler’s holistic and dynamic yoga and wellness program.
R&R at the Spa
So what do you think happens when Destination Kohler’s award-winning spa, Kohler Waters Spa, one of only 47 spas worldwide to hold the Forbes Five-Star distinction, and world-class golf courses collide? Two tailored spa treatments designed to top off a day on the green and make for an even better game the next day. Pre-round or post-round, the Golfer’s Massage (50 minutes: $158; Saturday: $188; offered May 1 through Sept 30) covers all the sore spots through a variety of massage techniques and stretches that target trigger points and relax the entire body, offering much-needed recovery. Adding a manly touch to the traditional pedicure, In the Rough (50 minutes: $90; offered May 1 through Sept 30) leaves feet feeling relaxed and destressed, while satisfying taste buds with a refreshing glass of Wisconsin’s famous (and exclusive) New Glarus Spotted Cow.
It was more than 130 years ago, John Michael Kohler took a cast-iron water trough, added feet and enameled it, creating a bathtub. This seemingly simple innovation launched the KOHLER brand as a household name – for kitchen & bath, power, interiors and golf & resort destinations. Once the home to immigrants from Europe and Russia, who came to work for Kohler Co., The American Club was reborn as a world-class destination in 1981, and now includes four award-winning Championship golf courses, 12 distinct dining options ranging from a four-star restaurant to a casual pub, the five-star Kohler Waters Spa known for its expertise in hydrotherapy and River Wildlife, a 500 acre wilderness preserve, offering outdoor activities such as hiking, horseback riding, trap shooting and kayaking.