Desire Resort on the Riviera Maya is an all-inclusive, clothing-optional resort set on a white-sand beach, arranged to resemble a pastoral village. Many of the suites and villas have ocean views and blend into the tropical gardens.
The overall theme is of a decidedly adventurous adult variety and the property is couples-only. Guests are invited to mingle with others and party at the main pool, but also can maintain their romantic distance if they prefer to be alone. One of the room categories hints at the resort's theme: Passion suites. In addition to offering a romantic getaway, couples can take part in many activities, including sexy adult-theme nights and throwing back drinks at any of the resort's bars, including one nudist bar with a 30-person hot tub.
All-Inclusive Desire Resort and Spa Rooms
There are three categories of rooms here: superior, Jacuzzi suites and passion suites
In the superior category, there are 34 ocean-view and 64 garden-view rooms with king or queen beds, air conditioning, satellite TV, balcony or terrace, and mini-bar stocked with water, beer and soft drinks.
In the Jacuzzi suites category there are four offerings with all the amenities of superior rooms and including king beds, huge bath with four-person Jacuzzi, a welcome bottle of wine, a variety of sensual and exotic candles, a “Tantra essential” gift box, incense, welcome fruit basket and daily hors d’oeuvres.<br/>In the passion suites category, there are 10 with added amenities of living room, daily continental breakfast and afternoon hors d’oeuvres with wine, in-room mini-bar with top-shelf liquors and beer, and room service at no extra charge.
All-Inclusive Desire Resort and Spa Restaurants and Bars
• El Arrecife, all meals, buffet, regular theme nights. This restaurant also has a cocktail bar.
• Il Piacere, international cuisine, dinner only.
•Tentazione, lunch and snacks, noon to 6 p.m., also has an open-air bar.
• Suki, Asian fare, dinner only, reservations needed for teppanyaki dining.
There is also a romantic dinner-by-the-sea offering at extra cost.
• Melange Bar, a 24 hour-bar with late-night snacks.
• Nude Jacuzzi Lounge Bar, a roof-top, clothing-optional Jacuzzi lounge and bar with 30-person hot tub.<br/>• Beach bar
• Y Nightclub and Sin Room, with live music and dancing (including pole dancing) and where sensual wear is encouraged. The couples-only Sin Room offers round beds, and is billed as a place “exclusive for guests because only guests know what happens inside.”
All-Inclusive Desire Resort and Spa Activities
In addition to the usual assortment of daily activities, such as non-motorized water sports (kayaks, windsurfing, Hobie Cats and sailboats), the resort offers ping pong and board games, a fully equipped gym, a spa (treatments extra), a nude-beach area, and sauna and steam room. In fact, the nude beach at Desire places it on our list of top nudist and clothing-optional resorts in the Caribbean.
As one would imagine, the night brings its own adults-only entertainment including theme nights such as “Eyes Wide Shut Night,” “Leather Night,” “Tropical and Sexy Night,” and “Naughty Schoolgirl Night.”
All-Inclusive Desire Resort and Spa Information