Exploring Washington, DC doesn’t have to break the bank. There are plenty of ways to enjoy Washington, DC while sticking to a budget. Here is a guide to free attractions, entertainment, cheap hotels, dining options and shopping on a budget.
Visit Free Attractions
Enjoy Free and Cheap Entertainment
Stay in a Cheap Hotel
Save Money Shopping for Bargains
- Discount Coupons - Get discount coupons for restaurants, sightseeing tours, museums, groceries, entertainment, home furnishings, car rentals and more.
- Thrift Stores – The Washington, DC area has a variety of thrift and vintage shops that offer second-hand items including clothing, accessories, toys, furniture, household items and much more.
- Flea Markets – Here are a few places to shop for used items, collectibles and antiques.
- Outlet Shopping Malls Near Washington, DC - Within an hours drive from Washington, DC, you will find the best selection of stores and the best prices on designer and brand name items from clothing to electronics to housewares.
- Planning to visit Washington DC for a few days? See a Washington DC Travel Planner for information on the best time to visit, how long to stay, where to stay, what to do, how to get around and more.