DC Design House is an annual project that brings together Washington, DC’s top interior designers to transform and showcase a house using the best in today’s home renovation and design ideas. The proceeds from ticket sales benefit the Children’s National Health System. It is a fun event to attend to see a variety of creative home decorating ideas. This year, for the first time, the event has been moved from the spring to the fall season.
Dates and Times: September 30-October 29, 2017. Saturday-Sunday, 12 noon to 5 p.m., Closed Mondays, Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Preview Day is Saturday, October 1, from 1-4 p.m.
2017 DC Design House Location
9004 Congressional Court, Potomac, Maryland
Listed at $10.28 million by Fouad Talout and Pascale Karam of Long & Foster Real Estate, the four-story, 27,256 square-foot Potomac home includes nine bedrooms, nine full bathrooms, four half baths, lower level ballroom, cinema, two-story library flanked by his and her offices, multiple kitchens, and elevator. Built in 2009, the home sits on two acres and includes a pool and pool house with apartment and covered terrace.
$35 per person
Please note that children under the age of 8 are not permitted, including infants. No strollers, no pets, no photography or high heels will be permitted on the site. Unfortunately, the DC Design House is not handicap accessible.
1. Outside Entry - Lauren Fisher / Clinton and Associates
2. Living Room - Margery Wedderburn / Margery Wedderburn Interiors, LLC
3. Dining Room - Susan Jamieson / Bridget Beari Designs
4. Gallery - Cindy McClure / Grossmueller's Design Consultants
5. Powder Room - Mary Amons / Mary Amons Design
6. A Study in Blue - Kelley Proxmire / Kelley Proxmire, Inc.
7. The Study Royale - Lorna Gross / Lorna Gross Interior Design
8. Lady’s Retreat - Marika Meyer / Marika Meyer Interiors LLC
9. The Collector’s Cabinet - Josh Hildreth / Josh Hildreth Interiors
10. A Modern Professional’s Stylish Retreat - Keira St. Claire-Bowery / Anthony Wilder Design/Build
11. Guest Bedroom - Caryn Cramer / Caryn Cramer Interiors + Textiles
12. Second Floor Family Room - Erica Burns / Erica Burns Interiors
13. The Boudoir - Romain Baty / Romain Baty LLC
14. Traveler’s Retreat - Karen Snyder / Interiors of Washington
15. Laundry Room - Paula Grace / Paula Grace Designs, Inc.
16. Master Bedroom - Dennese Guadeloupe Rojas / Interiors by Design
17. Lounge - J Allen & Michelle Borden / Perceptions Interiors
18. Little Jewel Box Sitting Room - Camille Saum / Camille Saum Interior Design
19. The Idealized Family Room - Susan Nelson & Todd Martz / Home on Cameron
20. Kitchen - Samantha Friedman / Samantha Friedman Interior Designs
21. Jewel Box Bar - Allie Mann, Alex Hubbard, Elena Eskandari, Hope Hassell / Case Design/Remodeling, Inc.
22. The Hive - Family Foyer - Lisa Tureson / Studio Artistica
23. Poolside Oasis - Kimberly Asner / Country Casual Teak
About Children’s National Health System
Children’s National Health System, formerly Children’s National Medical Center, in Washington, DC, has been serving children since 1870. The organization is home to Children’s Research Institute and the Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation and is consistently ranked among the top pediatric hospitals. With 303 beds, more than 1,330 nurses, 550 physicians, and seven regional outpatient centers, Children’s National is the only exclusive provider of pediatric care in the Washington metropolitan area. For more information, visit www.ChildrensNational.org