The annual Downtown Holiday Market offers seasonal outdoor shopping with a festive atmosphere. Located in the heart of Washington, D.C.’s Penn Quarter neighborhood, the event features more than 150 exhibitors and artisans offering distinctive gifts for sale including fine art, crafts, jewelry, clothing, accessories, pottery, photography, clothing and specialty foods. The Downtown Holiday Market showcases small and local businesses and in addition to gifts features local food and live musical entertainment.
Vendors rotate daily so you might return again and again throughout the season to see what's new.
Dates and Times: November 24 - December 23, 2017, Noon to 8:00 p.m.
The Downtown Holiday Market is located on the sidewalk of F Street, NW between 7th and 9th Streets, in Washington, D.C. front of the Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery. The Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro Station is located just steps from the Marketplace. See a map of Penn Quarter.
The local artisan community enthusiastically participates in the Downtown Holiday Market each year. Here is a sampling of the exhibitors to give you an idea of the variety:
- Reinventing-Reality – collage
- Joel Traylor Art, Marcella Kriebel Art & Illustration – painting
- Drew Smith Photography, Peter Tomlinson Photography – photography
- Cherry Blossom Creative, Fancy Seeing You Here – printmaking
- Inka Treasure Shop, Leather Goods By Alejandra – clothing & accessories
- Jen-a-fusion Fashion Accessories, Scarvelous – fiber art
- Naked Décor – textiles
- Printemps Pottery – ceramics
- Had Matter, Rebound Designs – craft
- Homegrown Glass Art – glass
- Baby Alpaca, Harun's African Art, Russian Classics – imported crafts
- Tree-to-Art – woodworking
- August Nine Designs, Courtney Gillen, The Secret Jewelry Garden – jewelry
- Jentz Prints – antiques & collectibles
- J. Chocolatier, Whisked! – gift foods
- Joyful Bath Co. – soaps & candles
Live music will include a range of genres such as jazz, swing, blues, reggae, bluegrass, a cappella, and brass.
- Abigail Palmer & Eric Selby - Celtic, Jazz, Fusion
- Afro Nuevo - Latin Jazz
- Bill Baker Band - Country Blues
- Billy Coulter Duo - Acoustic Rock, Americana
- Billy Thompson -Soul-Infused Gumbo
- Carly Harvey & Sol Roots - Roots, Blues, Jazz
- Dave Chappell & Dave Hartge - Guitar Roots
- Esther Haynes & J. C. VeVe - Swing, Blues
- Flo Anito - Jazzy Pop
- Gina DeSimone & The Moaners - Swing, Blues
- Janine Wilson & Max Evans - Acoustic Rock
- Karen Collins & Backroads Band - Vintage Country
- The Lovejoy Group - Holiday Jazz
- Music Pilgrim Trio - Klezmer, Jazz, World
- and more
The Downtown Holiday Market is produced by the Downtown DC Business Improvement District (Downtown BID) and Diverse Markets Management (DMM). The Downtown BID is a private, nonprofit organization that provides safety, hospitality, sanitation, homeless, economic development, transportation, streetscape and marketing services to Washington’s center city. DMM is a DC-based company that specializes in the development and management of outdoor public exhibitor markets.
Formed by market management professionals with expertise in the fields of arts, crafts, collectibles and antiques,
Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa, the Washington, D.C. area has a wonderful selection of places to shop for unique gifts. Read More About Holiday Shopping in the Washington DC Area.