Dates: August 20-27 2017
DC Beer Week returns to the nation’s capital with a variety of beer focused events. The annual event is great for craft beer lovers and celebrates the breweries, restaurants, bars, distributors and beer aficionados in the region. Hundreds of venues in Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland will host a variety of beer related events, including beer dinners, tastings, and more.
Educational seminars include topics such as Hops and Local Agriculture; We Can Brew It: Women and Brewing; How Government Affects Your Beer with “The Craft Beer Lobbyist” Mick Nardelli; and Microbiology: Brewing with Bugs.
DC Beer Week was started by local distributor Jeff Wells and chef/beer aficionado Teddy Folkman started in 2008 to celebrate the local craft beer community. Since then, the event has grown each year attracting thousands–from self proclaimed beer geeks and home brewers to the casual beer drinker. Beginning in 2016, DC Beer Week will officially be planned and run by the The D.C. Brewers' Guild.
A Sampling of 2017 DC Beer Week Events
- Brewers on the Block - Kick off DC Beer week with Buffalo & Bergen, Suburbia and Link Strategic Partners on Sunday, August 20 from 2-5pm with the region's 20+ top breweries, cideries, and meaderies at Union Market
- Solidarity Beer Release Party - Come for the beer, stay for the Solidarity! Monday, August 21 from 4-9 p.m. Right Proper Brookland, Production House & Tasting Room
Flights and Dogs - Which brewery can come up with the best hot dog recipe? Grab a flight and vote for your favorites! City Tap House DC, Tuesday, August 22, 5 – 9pm
- Battle of the Barrel-Aged Beer - Local breweries compete against each other as they each try to wow the public and the judges with a special barrel-aged brew. Boundary Stone, Tuesday, August 22, 5 – 9pm
- Maryland and Virginia Craft Beer Extravaganza - ChurchKey is turning over all 50 drafts to the very best Maryland and Virginia craft brewers! Expect amazing selections from The Veil, The Answer, Ocelot, Aslin, Manor Hill, RAR, Union, Diamondback and Black Flag, Wednesday, August 23, 4-11 p.m.
- It's Friday Somewhere - DC Brau Cooler Takeover at Cantina Marina for craft beer, good food, and aloha shirts galore. Thursday, August 24, 6 – 9pm
- Brews and Baseball at Nationals Park - Join Port City at and your Washington Nationals for a division show down at Nationals Park, Friday August 25, 5:30 – 7:30pm
- 3 Stars Brewing Company
- Atlas Brew Works
- Blue Mountain Brewery
- Bold Rock Cider
- Charm City Meadworks
- DC Brau Brewing Company
- Devils Backbone Brewery
- Flying Dog Brewery
- Hellbender Brewing Company
- Lost Rhino Brewing Company
- Mad Fox Brewing Company
- Oliver Ales
- Port City Brewing Company
- Realerevial Brewing
- Stillwater Artisanal Ales
- Unio Craft Brewing
- And more