The Atlantis on Paradise Island in the Bahamas is a destination unto itself. Millions of visitors to Nassau (many of them day-trippers from cruise ships) take a quick taxi or water-shuttle ride to experience the resort's casinos and restaurants.
However, while throwing down some cash on the craps tables or roulette wheel may satisfy some visitors, others—especially families—are drawn to the Atlantis' aquatic allure, specifically the resort's spectacular "lost world" themed water park, dolphin encounter program, beaches, and the underground mysteries of The Dig, a walk-through exploration of the Lost City of Atlantis. Day tickets for all of these activities can be purchased at Discover Atlantis Sales Centers located throughout the property.
Given the hordes of visitors to the Atlantis daily, it's not surprising that the resort limits access to some of these attractions—notably the Aquaventure pool and water park area—to preserve the experience for hotel guests. However, that does not mean that day-trippers can't visit the Atlantis attractions, including Aquaventure; you'll have to pay a bit for the privilege (and expect a significant markup on these prices if you buy through a cruise line).
- Dolphin Cay at Atlantis: Day visitors can swim and play with Atlantic bottlenose dolphins at this state-of-the-art, 14-acre habitat.
- Discover Atlantis Tour: This tour is best known to day-trippers, in part because it is sold as an excursion on cruise ships. Expert "Navigators" guide visitors through the ancient city streets of Atlantis during a visit to "The Dig," a faux-but-believable archaeological exploration of an 11,000-year-old lost continent. The attraction is full of interesting artifacts and hieroglyphics, along with great water effects and glimpses of exotic sea life, including piranha, moon jellyfish, venomous lionfish, and a resident manta ray. A Discover Atlantis Tour wristband allows visitors to explore The Dig and its exhibits as well as the Ruins, Predator, and Water’s Edge Lagoons—but not the waterpark.
- Atlantis Beach Day: The Atlantis Beach Day program provides all-day access to the exclusive white sandy beaches of the Atlantis resort, with lounge chairs and towels provided. It also includes access to the marine habitats and lunch at an outside venue.
- Atlantis Aquaventure Package: Day-trippers can purchase an Atlantis Aquaventure package that provides all-day access to pools, beaches, and Aquaventure, a 141-acre waterscape containing over 20 million gallons of water with water slides, a mile-long river ride with high intensity rapids and wave surges.
World Travel Holdings also sells day passes to Aquaventure, Atlantis Dolphin Cay, and the iconic British Colonial Hilton. These passes are marketed primarily to cruise visitors but can be an excellent add-on for anyone visiting Nassau.
- The Aquaventure pass includes admission to Aquaventure and The Dig, lounge chairs, and towels.
- Dolphin Cay experiences include a shallow-water interaction with dolphins.
- The British Colonial Hilton pass includes all-day access to the resort's pristine private beach and pool; snorkeling and kayaking; lounge chairs and towels; and a food and beverage credit.